Do you have lots of extra body fat on your stomach and around your love handles? Have you tried all the fad diets out there but still can’t get rid of all those stubborn pounds that are hanging around? This article will help you finally get started on the right plan so you can eat the most nutrient dense foods to help you burn up extra body fat to achieve a lean and ripped midsection!
Remember, abs are made in the kitchen so make sure you focus your attention on the foods you’re putting into your mouth. Your diet is so important when it comes to shedding all of the extra fat from around your waistline. You can do tons of exercise each and every day, but if you slip up on your diet and eat high calorie foods loaded with fat and sugar, your results will be limited.
The best way to truly understand exactly what you’re consuming is to keep a diet journal and write down everything you eat and drink for 1 week. Make sure to document every single thing so you can get the most accurate record of your intake over a specific period of time. Detailed food journaling is extremely important in order to really find some of the foods and drinks that are jeopardizing your fitness plan. You can download free diet and exercise journals here:
When it comes to choosing the best foods to include in your six pack abs meal plan, your main thought should always be centered on 100% whole foods that are packed with nutrients. Forget about all of those convenient pre-packaged foods that you might be used to eating. These are loaded with the big 3 killers which include salt, sugar and fat. This combination of ingredients create a perfect storm for food addiction. Below is a quick list of some of the foods you want to pick up the next time you’re in the grocery store:
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
- Egg Whites
- Fish (cod, tilapia, shrimp, tuna)
- Turkey Breast
- Lean Beef (top round, top sirloin, flank steak)
- Beans (black beans, garbanzo beans)
Clean Starchy Carbs:
- Brown Rice
- Yams or Sweet Potatoes
- Oatmeal (old fashioned)
- Ezekiel Bread
- Genesis Bread
Fibrous Carbs (Veggies):
- Red Onions
- Brussel Sprouts
- Peppers (red, yellow, green)
- Olive Oil
- Nuts (walnuts, Brazil nuts, almonds)
- Fatty Fish (salmon, tuna, sardines)
- Almond Butter
Below is a 3 day healthy meal plan to help get you started on the road to eating healthier!
Meal Plan Day #1
- Breakfast: Egg whites, 2 slices of whole wheat toast, 1 apple.
- Snack: Handful of walnuts (10-12 pieces).
- Lunch: Chicken burrito with a whole wheat flour tortilla, filled with lettuce, black beans, low-fat cheese and salsa.
- Snack: Apple with 1-2 tablespoons of almond butter.
- Dinner: 6 ounces of top sirloin steak, green beans and a side salad with romaine lettuce, tomatoes and balsamic vinaigrette.
Meal Plan Day #2
- Breakfast: Power protein smoothie with 2 scoops of your favorite protein powder, 1 banana, 1 cup of kale, 1/2 cup of strawberries. Add water to a blender with some ice and enjoy!
- Snack: Tuna on whole-wheat crackers.
- Lunch: Cobb salad with romaine lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, skinless boneless chicken breast, 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped fresh chives and balsamic vinaigrette (leave out the bacon).
- Snack: Celery sticks with peanut butter.
- Dinner: Spaghetti squash with 8% lean ground hamburger and all natural tomato sauce. Small side salad with black olives, sliced almonds and Annie’s Natural Goddess dressing.
Meal Plan Day #3
- Breakfast: 1 cup of old fashioned oatmeal with flaxseed oil, blueberries and 2 scoops of your favorite protein powder. Mix into a bowl with water and microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- Snack: Carrots with hummus.
- Lunch: Chicken breast sandwich with whole wheat bread, lettuce, tomato and low-fat Swiss cheese. Cup of chili or black bean soup.
- Snack: Greek yogurt with blueberries.
- Dinner: Grilled salmon with stir-fry veggies cooked in olive oil, side salad with romaine lettuce, carrots, pine nuts and balsamic vinaigrette.