Best Snacks with Healthy Low Calorie Foods - Sliced Chicken Breast
chicken breast is a great snack to include in your dietary regimen.
Marinate a few pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts, broil
or BBQ them and slice them up. You can add some spices to the chicken
breasts and keep a plate of them in the fridge for a quick snack.
Cold sliced chicken breast tastes amazing and is high in protein,
low in fat and has virtually no carbs.
Always choose all natural boneless, skinless chicken breast versus
prepackaged luncheon meats which are processed and contain added
sugar and a carcinogenic precursor ingredient known as sodium nitrite
(sodium nitrate is closely related). Sodium nitrite is a dangerous,
cancer-causing ingredient that has no place in the human food supply.
Quick Chicken Flavoring Suggestions
- Tobasco: Tabasco sauce, garlic powder, onion powder,
and black pepper
- Italian: Add a variety of Italian herbs (rosemary, basil,
tarragon, arugula) and/or a few tablespoons of stewed tomatoes
- Lemon-Pepper: Use salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning or
squeeze real lemon and pepper onto the chicken
- Lemon-Dill: Use salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning and
dill or squeeze real lemon juice, dill, and pepper onto the chicken.
- Vinaigrette:Use 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar or balsamic
dressing per 4 oz.
- Spicy Tex Mex: Use prepared salsa or chili powder
- Garlic & Pepper: Crushed garlic, garlic powder, or
minced garlic (from a jar)and fresh ground pepper
- Lemon & Rosemary: Lemon juice, rosemary, and a bit
of garlic powder
Chicken and Food Safety
- Always wash your hands with hot soapy water after handling chicken
and other raw meats, as well as cutting boards, the countertop,
- Never place cooked chicken on the platter that held the raw
meat. Keep raw meats separate from other foods.
- Store raw chicken in the coldest part of the fridge for no more
than two days, and make sure you don't put it on top of other
foods that won't be cooked before eating. Raw chicken juices dripping
onto lettuce or fresh fruits is a real no-no.
- Cook chicken thoroughly and don't let it sit out at room temperature
for more than two hours.
|Grilled Skinless Chicken Breast
See All Top 25 Best Healthy Snacks >>