One of the most effective combos for some serious fat loss is circuit training along side interval training. The following gives you a program to make you sweat out a blast of fat within 45 minutes!
You should know your Maximum Heart Rate and your correct training zone to know if you are training at the right pace. You can easily find your Target Heart Rate (thr) with this simple method. Subtract your age from 220 (226 for women) to calculate your Maximum Heart Rate (mhr). Find your training zone below and multiply that number times your maximum rate.
- Healthy Heart Zone (Warm up) 50-60% of maximum heart rate
- Fitness Zone (Fat Burning) 60-70% of maximum heart rate
- Aerobic Zone (Endurance Training) 70-80% of maximum heart rate
- Anaerobic Zone (Performance Training) 80-90% of maximum heart rate
- Red Line (Maximum Effort) 90-100% of maximum heart rate
Here is a sample of a 35-year-old male who is working out in a training zone for fat burning (70%):
- 220 – 35 = 185
- 185 X .70 (70%) = 129.5 beats per minute
Strict form for this training is a must in order to maximize gains and prevent injury. Before you begin make sure you have a towel on hand, some water and really good cross trainer type sneakers well tied.
Follow the below with no rest in between until it says so, then repeat for one more round!
These may seem menial but I DARE you to try it, I guarantee you will get your butt beat!
- 20 pushups
- 20 walking lunges per leg
- 10 burpees
- Skip rope for 1 minute
- 20 bicep curls
- 50 Ab crunches on ball
- 20 Tricep Dips
- 25 Jumping Jax
- 10 deadlifts, stiff legged
- 20 Front Delt Raises
- Stair stepping for 2 minutes
- Rest for 5-7 minutes while stretched in muscle worked for 10 seconds remembering to stretch each side.
Sometimes we forget that it only takes a few simple exercises to get to our goals and that we can work with what we have. A gym is excellent but how about those who do not go to a gym for whatever reason? Something like this can be done at home as well. What if you did not feel like going to the gym because of weather or time constraints? This program eliminates excuses and keeps you on your game!
Water helps to get that fat out of your system so sipping throughout your workout is hugely advantageous and recommended.
This workout is well complimented by doing it 2 times per week with 2-3 extra days of 20+ minutes cardio work on a cross trainer or jogging. The stretching portion will help you recover for your next round as well as helping eliminate lactic acid build up which can cause delayed onset muscle soreness.