Bodybuilding Questions - Amateur Bodybuilder Needs
I'm an amateur bodybuilder and really need help clarifying some
doubts I've been having about my current workout and diet plan.
My questions are:
- I do cardio everyday for 30 minutes after my weight training
workout session and I burn 400-450 calories. Will this cardio
regimen burn any muscle tissue. To be on safe side, after I weight
train (before starting cardio), should I drink a whey protein
- Do I need to take multi-vitamins? If so, which product is the
- What is the ideal body fat level?
- Should I drink a whey protein or casein protein shake before
going to bed?
- Can I drink milk before going to bed?
- I drink black coffee before my workouts Is this fine or should
I buy a caffeine supplement?
- Can I train abs everyday?
- I currently drink whey protein concentrate shakes, three times
a day. Is whey protein isolate more effective.
Here are the answers to your concerns:
- The amount of cardio is fine. As long as you drink a whey protein
shake before your weight training workout, you should be fine.
Just make sure to drink another whey protein after your cardio
workout along with some carbs. Post-workout nutrition is very
- A good multi-vitamin is important. Opti-Men by Optimum Nutrition
is very good.
- There is no "ideal" body fat level. For men, anything
under 10% is lean.
- Before bed, casein protein is your better choice since its
a slower acting protein and it will supply protein to your muscles
all night long.
- Since milk contains simple sugars and carbs, don't drink it
before bed if your main goal is to lose body fat. Mix your protein
shake with water for the best results.
- Coffee by itself is just fine. You can also drink green tea.
- No, give your abs at least 1 full day of rest between workouts.
- Whey protein concentrate should be fine. Whey protein isolate
usually contains less carbs and fat but is more expensive. You
can also look for a whey protein blend that has both whey concentrate
and whey isolate mixed together.
To Bodybuilding Questions >>