Bodybuilding Questions - Workout Routine Advice
I would like to ask your opinion regarding my workout routine.
- Monday - Chest & Triceps
- Tuesday - Rest
- Wednesday - Legs & Shoulders
- Thursday - Rest
- Friday - Back and Triceps
- Saturday - Rest
- Sunday - Cardio & Abs
My main concerns are:
- Sometimes I do 10 minutes of cardio before I lift weights. Will
stretching before weight lifting be okay?
- I have read that chest and biceps should be trained together
in a workout but I'm doing triceps instead. Is this fine? I do
this since my triceps feel tired when I finish my chest exercises.
- How many exercises should I do per muscle group? How many sets
- Do I really have to change the type of exercise or routine that
I am doing per month or couple of months?
Here are my recommendations:
- Always do cardio after your workout, not before. A 10 minute
warm up is fine but make it very light.
- Your leg day should be only legs. Focus on quads, hams and calves
in this workout and blast them.
- Do not stretch pre-workout. Only stretch after your workout
(when you are warm).
- You can train triceps with chest but make sure all of your triceps
exercises are done after your chest workout.
- Set and reps per muscle group totally depends on your physique
and level of training. Everyone is different. Never train longer
than 60 minutes per workout and larger muscles get more sets.
- Yes, always change up your routine in terms of the exercises
used. Changing the exercises is the key to variation and keeping
your muscles shocked and growing.
To Bodybuilding Questions >>