fresh meat here...

A place to hang with other members, introduce yourself and discuss practically anything.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

itgirl25
STARTING OUT

fresh meat here...

Post by itgirl25 »

hello everyone. i am new to the site and am looking forward to learning alot and meeting great people. a little background on me...

i am 35 and have been working out for the last 2 years using cardio and free weights. i just recently stepped up game this year and am trying to get serious about building and sculpting best body. i am currently doing weight watchers and have dropped 26 lbs. since february with it. weight loss has begun to slow now, so i am going to shift gears and begin seriously focusing on building muscle.

i am hoping to acheive the fit body of dreams. the road is long but the journey is so rewarding! i have become quite obsessed with fitness and hope to be a shining example of healthy living. weight watchers has really changed the way i view food and exercise has really boosted self-esteem, so i wanna keep this train rollin'!

holla back and introduce yourselves. :)
musculargirl
VETERAN

Re: fresh meat here...

Post by musculargirl »

Congratulations on the weightloss! You really will find a lot of support and encouragement and good advice on this forum. Its hands down one of the best forum's I've been too. Good luck and Welcome!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Well firstly, I have to say that you look great :). You look like someone that at 35 is maturing beautifully, so well done on working hard to improve yourself physically, as it looks like it's really working.

As for what you are considering, you have a wonderful attitude to your body. So many females act is if weights are the spawn of Satan, that will make them look like a dude, which is just absolute tommyrot and some kind of old wives tale type tommyrot that started to be spread around at some point in the past by ignorant and / or misguided sections of society.

That's one reason why a lot of females waste 20-30 minutes of a session, using ickle wickle amounts of weight, that have about as much effect as doing two push-ups a week.

Your approach is exactly what I would encourage people to consider. It isn't about females having to have 10lbs of added muscle, but it would help in later life for reducing potential frailties and also in all their lives to reduce risk of attacks and build confidence.

So I would say to you, be very proud of yourself and don't stop believing in your goals. Your attitude is spot on and your ability to be a positive influence on people on this site with your attitude, results and appearance will be a great leveller and we will certainly support, encourage and welcome you in our community.

I hope you'll be sticking around for a long time to come, because anything you can say to anyone, no matter how big or small, WILL make a difference and will be appreciated.

In the mean time, good luck and best wishes :).

P.S. that hairstyle is bonkers, but it definitely adds character to your face and enhaces your good looks :).
itgirl25
STARTING OUT

Post by itgirl25 »

thank you both for the welcome and to you, boss man, for the kind words. :) i just love fitness and will read just about anything i can get hands on that is related to it. i can't get enough! i am a huge fan of jillian michaels and her tough love attitude and i subscribe to oxygen magazine as well. i love the way the ladies in that mag look, the way a woman's body can be muscular yet remain soft and feminine. it just glows with good health. i have developed quite the fitness crush on tosca reno (absolutely fabulous at 50 years old) and jamie eason. i can't wait to dig into the meat of this site and start learning! i appreciate that you think i will be an asset to the site through positive feedback. if it is one thing i have learned it is that the body is capable of greatness, it is the mind that keeps one from acheiving their full potential. i just love to challenge myself!
itgirl25
STARTING OUT

Post by itgirl25 »

brentyboy wrote:Welcome to the site.

I like tosca but i'm not too sure about that bob kennedy. I mean, I don't really know him but something about him bugs me. The way he always has his chin tucked down into his chest, kinda looking up, every pic. Its weird. Why is that? I guess he is the publisher so he controls the editing. But why always that pose? Every pic.
i agree. he's kinda creepy.
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Welcome to the lovely site!!! :D
YOU LOOK GREAT!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'm curious.... Are you still doing WW? How many calories do you intake?
itgirl25
STARTING OUT

Post by itgirl25 »

Nokie173 wrote:Welcome to the lovely site!!! :D
YOU LOOK GREAT!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'm curious.... Are you still doing WW? How many calories do you intake?
thanks! and yes i am. i just entered maintenance phase today, so i won't be losing any more weight now. then after i maintain for 6 weeks i become a lifetime member and can attend for free as long as i keep the weight off. it works on a points system and roughly 50 cals = 1 point. i am allowed 21-24 pts a day. so that comes out to about 1200 a day, give or take.
ironwill
VETERAN

Post by ironwill »

Welcome to the site, and congratz....great job.... :mrgreen:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

1,200 calories a day is not enough :). The female average is 1,800, for people who are not active. In your case, add another 300 on there, (50 per meal approx), you'd be more in the range I'd suggest going for, expecially as you're trying to become more developed, not just a bit rakish.

That kind of caloric intake may be okay for people doing figure / fitness comtests, that need 10-12% Fat, but it will cause potential deprivation of nutrients, putting things like Bones at risk from thinning if you lack certain Bone nutrients in good amounts.

Especailly if you're lifting weights. If you caused a situation where some or all of the bones thinned just enough, that they couldn't tolerate the amount of weight or type of weight based movement you used, it could increase fracture risk.

Hopefully you cna see where I'm coming from. I say this because I care, not to criticise :).
itgirl25
STARTING OUT

Post by itgirl25 »

will definately do that, Boss Man. thanks for the info. :) i was wondering how many calories i should be eating. it is such a delicate balance between too much and not enough. i wanna do this right. i also wanna maintain weight though. i worked hard to shed it and i am now getting to be a lifetime member of weightwatchers. membership is free as long as i am within 2 lbs of goal weight.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Well personally I suggest to most females, that you consume 1,800, the female average and then add another 300 on top for exercise.

You have 2 ways to do this I feel.

1. 350 calories with 6 daily meals.

2. 450 calories in meal 1, 350 in meals 2,3,4 and 5 and 250 in meal 6, because the Metabolism is more primed earlier than later, os you might find this idea a more likeable option.