Friends & Mental Health

A place to hang with other members, introduce yourself and discuss practically anything.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

MsGin
STARTING OUT

Friends & Mental Health

Post by MsGin »

Do any of your friends have mental health problems? Do you know how to handle them? I think a few of mine suffer from depression. Have never really discussed that with them, BUT I just started working with the SAMHSA and the What A Difference A Friend Makes program and it's a campaign to raise awareness about mental health problems since so many suffer these days and show people how they can help by being better friends. I guess the support of a truly caring friend can greatly increase the chances of recovery. They have a website that's pretty cool - http://www.whatadifference.org/mentalhealth" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - It shows you how to be a friend to those in need. Just thought I'd share in case anyone else wanted to help, could relate.
MsGin
STARTING OUT

Re: Friends & Mental Health

Post by MsGin »

Did anyone have a chance to check out the website? Would love to know what you thought.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Friends & Mental Health

Post by Boss Man »

No offence intended but that link has been pumped over the net a lot and also you have said before your name is Melinda, but your details say it's Sara.

I'm not trying to disparage you, just need some clarification :).