Crazy much??

A place to hang with other members, introduce yourself and discuss practically anything.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

skully
REGULAR

Crazy much??

Post by skully »

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/healt ... d-1.649009" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Crazy much??

Post by Boss Man »

it’s fruits and vegetables. Collectively they are the number one and two sources of all nutritional requirements for the human body
I disagree upto a point about this. Meat is one of the best sources of Iron, (Heam), it's got aroudn a 15-20% absorption level, which Non Heam doesn't, (5-10% approx).

Plus Fruits and Vegetables are poor for Amino Acids. A Large Broccoli stalk has around 1.5g Protein.

Apart from anything else, things like Legumes, contain Antioxidents and Fruits and vegetables are useful for a good range of nutrients including Antioxidents, but if you had an intake that created a low Amino Acid intake, you could consistently get an essential Amino Acid requirement.

Something which if severe and prolonged, can potentially kill you.

I would actually place Legumes ahead of Fruits and Vegetables in this regard, because they contain Antioxidents, but also a better Amino Acid profile.

Though of course Fruits and Vegetables have their merits.

Cooking can reduce Fat and Carbohydrate content, as well as denaturing Proteins.

Some Fruits and Vegetables are high GI, like Watermelon, (73 approx), Parsnips, (90 approx), and Potato, (varys depending on if it's White, Red or Sweet).

That's just a minor point though. His diet isn't ridiculous, but frankly I wouldn't indulge it, even though it has it's origins based in the dim and distant past and is a relevant style of eating.
skully
REGULAR

Post by skully »

to me that seems extreme...from what you read...how much calories can he consume one day from things like fruits and veggies...600-700 cals? non-sense...and isn't 4-5L a day too much? I mean 3L is ideal for an active healthy person who exercise...or even 3.5...but more can be dangerous too right?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Too much is too much, but 3 litres of water isn't excessive.

The 2 litres a day thing, is a myth as well. It was discoverred by scientists in America in the 1950's, that people use up around that much water a day. It was then misconstrued by the public that you must replenish it through liquid intake, but pertty much all things including meat, have water in them, so it is technically possible to replenish via food.

Though drinking healthy fluids is a good idea.

You could get a lot of Calories from the food, especially with something like intake of Broccoli and Bananas. Large Broccoli stalks are 40g Carbs, large Bananas, 29, Medium 19, Apples 19. Do some things could contribute to a high level of caloric intake, but he cna claim to be in good health all he likes, the fact is, he cannot see how his Cholesterol levels are, Bone density is for starters, so he might end up with Osteoperosis, or very thin Bones in 40 years, if his Bone nutrient intake is weak, especially things like Magnesium, Calcium Vit D and K2.
skully
REGULAR

Post by skully »

Yeah 3L makes sense. Espcially in a place like this...but to twi drink 2L when you first wake up....that sounds almost impossible...you'd need just about 10-15 minutes to jug that down. From what I know anywhere near 300ml-500ml is a good morning start...or am i wrong?

But how much PROTEIN would he be getting from such diet (i posted a comment...hope it iwll show up by tomorrow) as his nutritonal breakdown wasnt mentioned it confused me to bits. I cannot see myself only having fruits and veggies and nuts as a means of living. Why can't he eat whole wheat stuff as a veggie-person?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Indeed and his Boron, Copper, Vit C and Manganese.

Plus he could start taking Strontium supplements, to help him with any Calcium deficiencies. Good substitute that :wink: