New to website

A place to hang with other members, introduce yourself and discuss practically anything.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

JoyBrinkley
STARTING OUT

New to website

Post by JoyBrinkley »

I am new to the website. I have a ten year old and six month old. I am hoping to lose weight since having six month old. I am also a type 2 diabetic. I was on four shots of insulin while I was pregnant. Any ideas to help me get started. THANKS
Joy
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: New to website

Post by Boss Man »

You could try something like this.

Breakfast

Option 1.

4 Egg Whites and a Yolk. A small bowl of Cereal, with some crushed Cashews on it. Alternatively have the Cashews seperately. The Cashews are fairly low carb and low GI, so they should reduce the overall impact of the Cereal, depending on the proportion of the intake they make up.

Option 2.

100g Chopped Chicken, A Piece of Wheat Toast and a small portion of Berries. The Berries should help ellicit the same behaviour as the Cashews in option 1. Give Fruit in all occasions about 10-15 minutes to digest first to help digestion.

Snack

Option 1

Portion of Low Fat Cheese and a Large Tomato.

Option 2.

Small Turkey Salad, with 100g Turkey

Lunch

Option 1.

Baked Beans on Toast. 1 Slice of wheat Toast. You could add some cracked black Pepper on there, or some Omega-3 or Polyunsaturated Spread on the Bread. With half an Apple. Same things as I said about Fruit with Breakfast.

Option 2.

1 can, Pea and Ham Soup. Could add some cracked black Pepper to it or Sea Salt. You could have a large Tomato seperately with it, or a small amount of finely chopped Parsely mixed in.

Snack 2.

Option 1.

Small Chicken Salad with few Cashews added in.

Option 2.

Portion of Peanuts, 2 Celery Sticks and a boiled Egg.

Dinner

Option 1.

100g Beef, Small Poriton of Mushrooms and small portion of Spinach.

Option 2.

100g Salmon, a small portion of Peas and some mashed, boiled Carrot.

Snack 3.

Option 1.

A Nut yoghurt.

Option 2.

A Ham Sandwhich, made with one slice of Wheat-bread and a small sliced Tomato.