This is getting Tough!

A place to hang with other members, introduce yourself and discuss practically anything.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Sdk09x
STARTING OUT

This is getting Tough!

Post by Sdk09x »

Well, things are getting grim here. I have had no motivation for the gym as of the last month or so and it's slapping me in the face. I have put 20 pounds back on and while I am upset I know that it is because of a few friends birthdays and the holiday of calories(Halloween) which is over thank goodness. The biggest reason though is that I have no motivation anymore. When I started there were tons of reasons for me pushing myself so far, but with college and all that stress it has been hard. So to the point I need to find a way out of this pit. I have heard do it to be healthy, for yourself, to feel/look better, but it only slightly gets me going. I am trying to find a fun work out plan and a good eating habit, which is hard since the only meat I eat is chicken and steak. Enough crying though, if anyone can help with some suggestions to get me back on track it would really be appreciated, I am really going crazy with this weight back on.
Thanks for reading to rant! lol
Sam
Verity45
STARTING OUT

Re: This is getting Tough!

Post by Verity45 »

When I know I am going to go through a more stressy time, I just get an agenda and make an organised plan of when I can work out, which exercises I will do and how much time for each of them and then I just have to stick to the plan, which is not always easy...try to give youself some sort of compensation, like when kids behave well :P Usually at these moments I tell myself I will after buy me something I would like to have but don´t necessarily need (we girls...lol)
musculargirl
VETERAN

Post by musculargirl »

I know when you posted earlier you said you mainly did treadmill and elliptical, etc. Do you play any sports, that might help to keep you motivated to get out there?? or some cardio classes??
Or maybe some pictures of you at a heavier weight on your fridge or something could help to motivate you?? Good Luck!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

musculargirl wrote: Or maybe some pictures of you at a heavier weight on your fridge or something could help to motivate you??
Or a picture of your face on the fridge, so you could visuallise what you'd look like, if you were as heftily proportioned as your fridge :wink:

Kind of like a man fridge :P
Sdk09x
STARTING OUT

Post by Sdk09x »

Thanks everyone for the replies, yeah I will go out and play football and soccer with friends, but with winter showing up it puts a strain on us going out. I agree with the picture idea, I never really though about it either, thanks Musculargirl. I fell sick thinking of how much I used to weigh and it really sucks knowing I gained like 15 back, but with the picture being put up on the fridge and a little new found motivation I will try to get back in the rotation! And now I am gonna keep thinking if I don't start again I am going to be a man fridge, thanks Boss Man lol. Hopefully this will be enough to jump start the engine and give me hope in finding new motivation! :mrgreen:
musculargirl
VETERAN

Post by musculargirl »

I know how you feel on winter. I just got back into x-country skiing last year so I have something to do outside during the winter but otherwise yes it is harder to say active outside in the winter. :)
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Boss Man wrote:
musculargirl wrote: Or maybe some pictures of you at a heavier weight on your fridge or something could help to motivate you??
Or a picture of your face on the fridge, so you could visuallise what you'd look like, if you were as heftily proportioned as your fridge :wink:

Kind of like a man fridge :P
I like that idea.... It's Nokie's Fridge... :twisted: