What to do whilst ill :(

A place to hang with other members, introduce yourself and discuss practically anything.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

T.P.W.
SOCIAL CLIMBER

What to do whilst ill :(

Post by T.P.W. »

Hey everyone,

Is it worth going to the gym whilst feeling a bit under the weather? Managed to go and get a cold (always seems fashionable around this time of year) and wanted other peoples opinions on what to do.

Other than an annoying stuffy nose I'm fine. Felt it coming on the last 2 days, but still managed a heavy legs session yesterday quite comfortably.

Any tips on how people work around being ill and training would be great :)

Thanks!

P.S. Don't get too close, you might catch it :wink:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: What to do whilst ill :(

Post by Boss Man »

I'd say yes. The body increasess temperature when ill, to provide an in vivo environment, for viruses and pathogens to stop proliferating. You increase body temperature when you workout, so it makes sense to me.

I do it when I'm feeling a bit ropey.
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

I agree with Allison. "In your head - get out of bed...in your chest - get some rest!" :D
T.P.W.
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by T.P.W. »

Thanks for the advice guys :) Can't say I've heard that saying before, but I'm going with it for now!

I did get out of bed and go to the gym this morning. Managed to push the weights up and feeling slightly better for it as well so a bonus in book.

I'd just felt like I've started gaining some momentum with two weeks of really good sessions and didn't really want to miss a day of training if possible. I'll probably do a bit of work and take it easy the rest of the day. Get plenty of fluids, food and vit C in me thinks :)

Thanks again!

Rich *achoo!* :wink: