Low blood cell count!

A place to hang with other members, introduce yourself and discuss practically anything.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Frenchmaid1969
HIGH FLYER

Low blood cell count!

Post by Frenchmaid1969 »

Is anyone know that that mean if you have low blood cell count i am 2.73 and the reference range is 4 to 11?

Kind of worry what that mean! Thanks everyone! :)
Frenchmaid1969
HIGH FLYER

Re: Low blood cell count!

Post by Frenchmaid1969 »

amatlack wrote:Usually that you need more iron...that you're anemic.
Hum! I am not sure if iron is low....i got this blood work because naturopath requested, i am not sure if i am anemic....

But i have been on a strick diet for a while cause from trush wich was cause by antibiotic with was cause by a bronchitis i had in February... so they i went on a strick cleanse for get rid of the yeast ( not bread, no sugar, pasta) so diet was very low in food intake ( just some chicken, green apple and veggyes)
Frenchmaid1969
HIGH FLYER

Post by Frenchmaid1969 »

amatlack wrote:PS: Don't your doctors explain things to you? Do they just say, "your blood tests came back and you have a low blood count" or what? They're supposed to explain and offer possible treatments....
Yes he usually does but this time he did not because he was leaving for holiday for 1 month and he told me to call him for those blood work result but for some reason he did not got to work and now he left for 1 month, naturopath requested those blood work and because i have an appointment with her on the 19 of april i call his secretary and she fax me result...

The reason i was worry is because on of friend told me oh god.. you better get check this mean you might have cancer in your body or auto-immune disease its not good.. your blood count are low and your b12 is low too... well b12 is in the range its 192 and the range goes to (165 to 829) so he goes that still low that mean there something wrong with you! He made me panick big time! And he goes oh and your TOTAL NEUTS ARE LOW TOO its 1.4 in a range of (2.5-8) SO THAT DOES NOT LOOK GOOD!!!

I have result for previous blood work too and when i look at them most of the time white cell count are low.. but i remember once doctor told me not to worry it probably becasue i had an infection or something like that that was in july 08 and WBC was 3.21 on a scale of (4.0-11.0) and RBC was 4.10 on a scale of (4.20-5.20) god he made me fell like i am dying from cancer of some kind of disease!

bf told me to just ingnore him that he does not know what he is talking about he not a doctor and he just screaring me! But i guess he did a good job!!!! :?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

If you're borderline anaemic, two really good things to have are Whole-grains and a little more Red Meat. If you can stomach it, Liver is good for Iron, but then most things are.

Things that can conflict with Iron are particualrly Tannic Acid in Tea and Caffeine, as they block absorption to some degree, but you can increase Iron uptake or boost it with more Vitamin C, Amino Acids in food and also Capsicum.
Frenchmaid1969
HIGH FLYER

Post by Frenchmaid1969 »

amatlack wrote:Yeah, I wouldn't listen to whoever is telling you that you have cancer. There are a lot of different types of cancer with a lot of different signs, but I'm pretty sure that a layperson can't diagnose cancer by simply looking at blood count.

mom has cancer, and they check her blood count before they give her chemo because the chemo can cause a low blood count, but she didn't have any issues with a low blood count before they started her on the chemo.
Yes i know Amatlack i should not listen to this guy but its still stress me i did a search on the internet about low white blood cell and everything i read is about cancer or auto-immune disease like lupus and stuff... freak me out!

I cant wait to see the naturopath to see what she has to say about that but the doctor is only back in a month!
Frenchmaid1969
HIGH FLYER

Post by Frenchmaid1969 »

Boss Man wrote:If you're borderline anaemic, two really good things to have are Whole-grains and a little more Red Meat. If you can stomach it, Liver is good for Iron, but then most things are.

Things that can conflict with Iron are particualrly Tannic Acid in Tea and Caffeine, as they block absorption to some degree, but you can increase Iron uptake or boost it with more Vitamin C, Amino Acids in food and also Capsicum.
I not sure if i am anemic its this what blood work mean? I have cut out all the grain from diet to try to get rid of the yeast i had so i have not eathing this since February... do you think that maybe low blood cell is caue by diet, because i don't have much nutrients? I hope so, i would hate to find out i have something nasty in me that will make me sick!

I notice do that since i am eathing that way i feel tired all the time and weak sometime.. like now that i am close to monthly period in a few day i feel like so weak its weird i hope everything will get better soon!

Hum i dont drink coffee or tea just green tea, camomille and some other fruit eat and water!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

The cutting of whole-grains may have caused the problem, if you results are linked to Anemia, but because you were told to do that to rid the thrush, it might not be wsie to have the whole-grains again.

So you could consider increasing red meat intake a bit and see how that works.
Frenchmaid1969
HIGH FLYER

Post by Frenchmaid1969 »

Boss Man wrote:The cutting of whole-grains may have caused the problem, if you results are linked to Anemia, but because you were told to do that to rid the thrush, it might not be wsie to have the whole-grains again.

So you could consider increasing red meat intake a bit and see how that works.
ok! Thanks Boss Man that true i don't eat red meat at all i will try to have some steak or something like that i really don't like ground beef so maybe some beef cute in a slow cooker would be better!
Frenchmaid1969
HIGH FLYER

Post by Frenchmaid1969 »

Boss Man!

See what i don't i don't understand is that i look at all blood work the previous years and its seem that i always have problem with white blood count they always low and one year and i eat normally food then except maybe not too much red meat?

I had no clue that white cell react on your diet?

naturopath want me to pass a test for allergies where it look at 96 food general group IgG and IgE from variety of food group including: meat, fish, diary grains, vegetable and fruit and also a Candida IgG wich check your antibody to candida correlate with symptoms of fungal disease. But its 250$ and not cover by our assurance here in Canada. The reason why i not sure if i should do this is because i have eliminate all those food already and if i need to take this test i would have to eat them again and feel bloaded, eczema and headeache i am not sure if i want to go back to that but that was an option to find out what triger all problem with allergies and stomach problem!

I find the whole sthing so confusing... all i am really worry about now is why white cell count is always low that really bother me and beside friend who told me that i am probably really sick... that bug me too... grrr!! :?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

You don't necessarily need Steak, things like Pork and Lamb will do as well.
Frenchmaid1969
HIGH FLYER

Post by Frenchmaid1969 »

Boss Man wrote:You don't necessarily need Steak, things like Pork and Lamb will do as well.
ok
Frenchmaid1969
HIGH FLYER

Post by Frenchmaid1969 »

amatlack wrote:Or iron supplements. :)
Ok thanks Amatlack, i have an appointment with naturopath tomorrow she will look at the blood work and i will take an oppointment with family doctor at the end of may since he is on holiday since then!

Thanks guy's
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Hopefully you won't need Iron supplements, because it may be fixable with dietry changes.

I'm always a little skeptical about those sorts of things, because they're like Blood pressure and Cholesterol drugs, they are often related to lifetyle, not things like medication side effects, autoimmune disease, or genetic defects and they can be used by people as a crutch, rather than a reminder to modify how you live.

I do feel Iron tablets may be more necessary in some cases, because there may be mitigating circumstances, but in regards to the other two drug types, I cannot recall any medical circumstances, where they are a necessity for the rest of your life, not like pain meds for Lupus, Fibromyalgia etc etc.
Frenchmaid1969
HIGH FLYER

Post by Frenchmaid1969 »

Boss Man wrote:Hopefully you won't need Iron supplements, because it may be fixable with dietry changes.

I'm always a little skeptical about those sorts of things, because they're like Blood pressure and Cholesterol drugs, they are often related to lifetyle, not things like medication side effects, autoimmune disease, or genetic defects and they can be used by people as a crutch, rather than a reminder to modify how you live.

I do feel Iron tablets may be more necessary in some cases, because there may be mitigating circumstances, but in regards to the other two drug types, I cannot recall any medical circumstances, where they are a necessity for the rest of your life, not like pain meds for Lupus, Fibromyalgia etc etc.
Sorry Boss Man I not too sure if i understand what you are telling me..(sorry sometime i have a hard time to understand the english) are you refering that Iron tablets are not that good for you? and its would be better to take iron in form of food? (what do you mean by mitigating circumstance?)

I just hope that blood work don't show anything serious with me!!!! I will let you know if you want what naturopath will tell me appointment with her is at 10 am today!
Frenchmaid1969
HIGH FLYER

Post by Frenchmaid1969 »

amatlack wrote:I take iron three times a day in addition to a multi including iron for unexplained anemia (they ran every test they had). It can't always be solved by diet.
Oh ok! I am anxious of that the naturopath will tell me...! I will let you know!

thanks talk to you soon! :)