Another newbie

A place to hang with other members, introduce yourself and discuss practically anything.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Eire22
STARTING OUT

Another newbie

Post by Eire22 »

Hi all,

I'm new to this site, and pretty excited by what I've seen so far! I was doing well with weight loss/health goals until the dreaded (and yet delightful) holiday season began. I have an app on phone to track goals and fitness/food consumed, but there is no support system! So I am looking for a site where I can read about other people's triumphs and challenges, and how they've reached their goals or overcome those challenges.

A little about myself - I'm 30 years old, I attend yoga as often as I can (which has been much less due to those darn holidays), and I used to run quite a bit in the summer/fall. Now that it's dark when I leave for work and dark when I get home, I find it hard to find time to exercise. It's hard to motivate myself to do anything at home when the couch is there calling name. I would love to join a gym, but it's quite expensive. Hopefully being on this site will inspire me to get off the couch and figure out new ways to motivate myself to get back on track!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Another newbie

Post by Boss Man »

Hello Eire, good to speak to you.

As for training at home you can do things like that, as you can do body weighted stuff and things like plyometrics.

You could also do certain types of DVD's, but I'd avoid the ones where some celebrity works out with a buff guy, as I don't rate those. The ones where someone who knows what they are doing is training some members of the public, would be better, like a current / ex-athlete, or someone who is properly qualified, or used to be on something like Gladiators for example.

So there's a few options for you :).
Roby2015
STARTING OUT

Post by Roby2015 »

HI Eire - welcome to the forum :wave:
Roby
P.S.I totally relate to the calling couch - add a husband, a heavy afghan and a fire (in the fireplace) and there is no way I can resist! :funny:
tracysimmons2
STARTING OUT

Post by tracysimmons2 »

welcome to the forum :thumb: