Newbie that needs to get serious

A place to hang with other members, introduce yourself and discuss practically anything.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

lizswan89
STARTING OUT

Newbie that needs to get serious

Post by lizswan89 »

Hello!
Just thought I'd drop a line saying hi. I'm a newbie and am eager to get back with fitness goals. I'm currently 7 months pregnant with our 3rd and final baby due at the end of September and throughout 5 pregnancies (yes I lost a few) I have gained a shocking 120lbs.

Looking at all the women in family I see that genetics is not on our side... I don't know, maybe a thyroid thing, but I'm not sure. All of us women as soon as we got into our 20's- regardless of lifestyle all seemed to have plumped right up. I am determined to fight against genetic odds and slim down to CLOSE pre-pre-pre pregnancy weight.

Regardless of the excuses of why I'm as big as I am now, I just know that if I want to enjoy a long and healthy life with children and future grand children that I need to do something about it. Now that I won't have interruptions after this pregnancy with subsequent pregnancies, I hope that I can shed this weight once and for all and go on with life feeling more confident then ever.

Thanks for listening :wave:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Newbie that needs to get serious

Post by Boss Man »

Good to have you on board Liz and GOOD LUCK with the upcoming arrival, I hope that everything goes smoothly and that you and the little one can enjoy many happy years together as you bond and grow :).

Be proud of your choice and don't worry too much. I'm fairly confident it's not going to be a serious thyroid or parathyroid issue affecting you, because if it was I'm sure you would have had it checked or it might have been brought up at a previous health or pregnancy check.

However should you be concerned about this, you may want to get it checked, as there may be one or two dietary regulations that might be advised for observance.
lizswan89
STARTING OUT

Post by lizswan89 »

Thanks for the warm welcome, Bossman :)

Do you think that there could be an intolerance to a type of food? I thought about getting doctor involved with getting on with weight loss but I'm afraid of 2 things happening. 1- doctor gives me some useless advice and says good luck making the trip redundant. OR 2- being prescribed some stupid medications I don't want to take.

Do you think it's worth getting her involved?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I'm skeptical that it would be an intolerance. Intolerance's usually cause things like breathing problem, vomiting, rashes etc. I wouldn't say food intolerance's equate to weight issues much, as some intolerance's are usually caused by something the body cannot break down easily like lactose intolerance due to the requisite enzyme being poor or missing in quantity.