american election

A place to hang with other members, introduce yourself and discuss practically anything.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

if the election was now who would it be?

Clinton
75%
Donald
25%
Green Party Candidate
No votes
Liberterian candidate
No votes
no voting
No votes

Total votes: 4

fat-to-fit
REGULAR

american election

Post by fat-to-fit »

I did this poll in 2012 around this time but then it was more clear who was running and wasn't so controversial. Thought i would do it now again and see what happens i guess. we have people that don't live in america on here too so this is a world vote. :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: american election

Post by Boss Man »

If I had the ability to vote on it, I'm not 100% certain, except that it would never be that blunt instrument of a cave monkey Chump.
mattengland
STARTING OUT

Post by mattengland »

Clinton is a Douche but the shadow men will never allow Trump to win.
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Who are the shadow people?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I'd say he might mean the electorate that keep quiet and don't express their views, for fear of getting highly outspoken people behaving grievously towards them.

Some polls and predictions during the Scottish independence referendum, had the yes camp ahead, but they remained because the no camp was stronger, with some opinion about the outcome being proved right; as a small amount of people in the media thought there could be more people who would vote no and if so it would be because they stayed silent on their beliefs, to protect their livelihoods and rights from those passionate about leaving, who might have overstepped the mark in their expression of it.
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

mattengland wrote:Clinton is a Douche but the shadow men will never allow Trump to win.
it kind of sounds like if that's the case on the shadow men, this user likes trump but think's Clinton will win.

Colin Powell did the same thing as secretary of state with his emails that Clinton did I believe although what I have read is very limited..

I do wish we had better candidates. With 300 million plus in this country you think we would.

I heard UK has a referendum up today I believe about leaving the EU.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Yes and currently as it stands leave is slightly ahead, but only after 5 declarations, so no strong indicator either way.
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

what's going on in the UK now Boss? i haven't kept up with what's happened since the referendum has passed.
Last edited by fat-to-fit on Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Nothing much is happening regarding brexit, because now is the long drawn out process of actually exiting the EU, which will take potentially well over a year and a lot of cooperation by the right people.
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

I really don't think the "cave monkey Chump" will win... Although I do find him entertaining... The things that's coming out from his mouth is unbelievable and it's hilarious. :lol: Although Clinton is not perfect and I may not agree with her on some things, I find her a better politician than Donald.
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

I feel the same way on Clinton, Nokie. lesser of two evils.
Last edited by fat-to-fit on Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

i just realized i will be in FL on election day. I think i won't vote. i could do a mail in ballot but state always votes liberal so i don't think it will matter for president. :)

I didn't watch the debate but really in like 5 weeks we will know who won. coming up. scary. ;)

The truth is though i really don't like either candidate. :evil:
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

there is such a thing as election stress. People are stressing on the elections. i can't say i blame them.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Well when you've got two people who seem loathsome to many and could quite possibly be the two worst prime candidates for the position in decades, who wants to put up with one of them, but then who wants to mark a voting slip giving their consent to one of them.
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

It actually is worrisome. You have to think in terms of who would do the least damage. So yes i don't think it is that surprising.