Cassie's Figure Competition Journal

A place to hang with other members, introduce yourself and discuss practically anything.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Bonnie
VETERAN

Re: Cassie's Figure Competition Journal

Post by Bonnie »

Aha, so I missed the second show too, who knows where I was, not paying attention :shock: Congrats to u..I too was confused as to which person u were, the one on the end & u, dont look alot different, glad u enjoyed this show more, best of luck on the next one :D Hmm upon closer perusal of those pics..boss man what were those judges looking at ?..Cassie has better muscle structure, better pose...
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Muscle structure and pose, are only half of it.

Judges can look for tiniest things, like how long you hold a pose, hair, nails and other aesthetics, routine, even how confident you can look I.E. smiling naturally, and how you walk on and off stage as well probably.

The fact is and I don't know this, Cassie could have lost by 1 point, as it literally can sometimes be that close, just 1-2 points sometimes between 1st and 2nd, probably in some cases, 5 points difference between 1st and 4th, but that's enough for the 4th place person to get no trophy, medal, certificate or flowers, and possibly no freebies like Protein powder, T-shirt etc etc. At best with a rare amateur event that does pay, that kind of result could see 4th getting potentially as much or less than 1/5 of what 1st gets.

Maybe if Cassie had gotten an Alien 3, Sigourney Weaver style skinhead, she might have won :wink:
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Hahahaha u : )
cassiegose
VETERAN

Post by cassiegose »

ldematto wrote:I was away the last week in Oct/the first week in Nov so missed your second comp! Congratulations! I'm so proud of you!
You look fabulous - only to match the inner you!

Warmest Regards,
Lu
Awwwe! Thanks Lu! Gosh you're so sweet. :)
Packard
VETERAN

Post by Packard »

Boss Man wrote:Muscle structure and pose, are only half of it.

Judges can look for tiniest things, like how long you hold a pose, hair, nails and other aesthetics, routine, even how confident you can look I.E. smiling naturally, and how you walk on and off stage as well probably.

The fact is and I don't know this, Cassie could have lost by 1 point, as it literally can sometimes be that close, just 1-2 points sometimes between 1st and 2nd, probably in some cases, 5 points difference between 1st and 4th, but that's enough for the 4th place person to get no trophy, medal, certificate or flowers, and possibly no freebies like Protein powder, T-shirt etc etc. At best with a rare amateur event that does pay, that kind of result could see 4th getting potentially as much or less than 1/5 of what 1st gets.

Maybe if Cassie had gotten an Alien 3, Sigourney Weaver style skinhead, she might have won :wink:

How do they guarantee that the other competitors are steroid-free?
cassiegose
VETERAN

Post by cassiegose »

Packard wrote:
Boss Man wrote:Muscle structure and pose, are only half of it.

How do they guarantee that the other competitors are steroid-free?
Regarding Bonnies question... You know its really hard to tell what the judges are looking for. The NPC (which is the division that I do) I *supposedly* trying to get away from the super lean physique in favor of a more muscular, filled out physique. They are still wanting competitors that are lean and in top shape, however there seems to be a trend in the industry right now leaning towards super lean physiques (less than 10-12% ) and it pretty much defeats the purpose of having a Figure Division because the women are being forced to come in as lean as the bodybuilders. If all the women have to be as lean as the bodybuilders then we might as well all sign up for the bodybuilding division. Honestly when you go to one of these shows it seems to be a total guessing game to figure out what the judges are looking for. And, now they are allowing girls to "cross over" which means women can participate in both the bikini and figure division or the figure and bodybuilding. Its quite silly in opinion. So basically when you go to one of these shows you really have no idea what the judges are going to be looking for. If you come in muscular and more "filled out" (which is how i was) you risk not being lean enough. However, if you come in too lean the judges could say that you're too lean. Its been observation that its better to come in too lean than not lean enough because the judges will favor the lean everytime. It seems to be a continuous cycle as women are continually coming in leaner and leaner. It makes it quite hard to compete with. For 2nd competition I was about 13-14% body fat and i honestly still wasn't lean enough. I ended up having a fairly easy class so lucked out. However had I ended up in the class above or below me I wouldn't have placed as well. Now the professional figure division is a whole different ball game. Those ladies seem to be better off coming in a little too muscular and won't place as well if they come in too lean. HOWEVER many, actually probably MOST of those women are on steriods so thats really a whole different ball game when you start getting into the professional level.

Packard- The competitors in the NPC take a lie dedector test and pee test before the show. Its a random test so really a person could slip through the cracks if they were taking roids and not picked for the test. However they tend to select people to be tested based on physique it seems. Sooo if some guy or gal comes in even looking suspicious they will be tested.
Packard
VETERAN

Post by Packard »

Lesplease wrote:Women also face certain health obstacles in regard to dropping bf% that far. Mostly with regards to regulation of body cycles and menstruation. A prolonged state at this low of a % can actually cause permanent reproductive damage. The silly part is that you would assume that this is a "fitness" competition and as such, the competitors should be "healthy". That is often not the case. A woman (or indeed anyone) with a single digit bf% can put themselves at risk for potentially serious health issues, as a certain amount of body fat is important and necessary to sustain life. Encouraging such a lean physique is, in opinion, not in the spirit of the competition, but then I personally favor the bulkier, more muscular look to the super lean.

Of course, most individuals will cycle through seasons, and not maintain such a low bf%, but just the same (:

To expand on this...

Nature, in its infinite wisdom will not allow a mammal to get pregnant during famine because it puts the mother to risk, and there is faint hope for the child. For that reason there is "essential body fat" on women. When a woman drops below that level the body signals itself to shut down the reproductive system; it is assuming that there is a famine.

Staying below the level that depletes the essential body fat for long periods of time will also affect the skeletal system. Basically nature does not want the body to stay at that level for extended periods of time.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

There are natural divisions like the NANBF, (North American Natural Bodybuilding Federation), who will test everyone.

Some don't and also some people could take steroids for other less stringent shows, then stop about 2 weeks before hand, to lose a lot of residual content out of their pee.

The issue of people using is one that to me is a non-starter. You have certain organisations that test and some that don't, so people who enter into a non-tested, or slackly tested organisation as a natural, know they could at some point come up against juiced competitors, so that's they're risk / choice.

The only issue is how much are some willing to take and how it affects their health. Some weaker Steroids in low doses, can have less side effects than stronger ones.

I've talked about feelings before, so I won't go too deeply into it here.

As for Cassies intentions to not go down that route, it is something I would completely support, as whilst I'm not totally against use, for shows where everyone takes it, I think it's not something that needs to be done because I think such results can be achieved without them and I have never had anything less than 10,000% belief, that Cassie can become a pro and do it clean and if she did it would prove a massive point :).

Judges never know what they want it's true, even with routines, sometimes they alter the length, so you have to do more or less than the time before.
lareinamae
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by lareinamae »

I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE HOW CASSIE DOES IN HER NEXT SHOW! Seriously, I am so excited to see how her body responds to a little time off from the strict competition diet which will allow her to build some incredibly buff muscles...I just can't wait to see how all her hard work and determination pays off because I think she is going to DO AWESOME at her next show. She has the will to succeed and the drive and motivation to make it happen! She is so inspirational and encouraging not just to me, but to everyone here on shapefit and I just can't wait to see her achieve her goals!!

Yay Cassie!
lareinamae
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by lareinamae »

Dude...not very many days left and you're gonna have to put those hohos down! ;)

You're the bestest buddy and I am so glad to have you as a friend. It's gonna suck, but at least we can do it together (from afar)!!!
cassiegose
VETERAN

Post by cassiegose »

lareinamae wrote:Dude...not very many days left and you're gonna have to put those hohos down! ;)

You're the bestest buddy and I am so glad to have you as a friend. It's gonna suck, but at least we can do it together (from afar)!!!
Hohos!?!?! LOL! Oh I could soooooo go for some hohos right now. I still have a tummyache from the 12 hersheys kisses that I scarfed down earlier so better refrain. 14 days pal. 14 days until our fun comes to a screeching hault and life as we know it gets turned upside down!! Ok just kidding its not that bad... not at first anyways. By the time the fun stops and it really starts to suck you're in it too far to back out so have no choice but to keep plugging along. Its going to be a blast! :mrgreen:
lareinamae
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by lareinamae »

That sounds great buddy! It's probably a good thing you live so far away though, because when I turn into a stark-raving mad carb deprived maniac, you may not want to be near me! It might be like back when we were kids with the fist-fights and frog egg fights.....

Oh, how I love me some fudge. Reminds me of a special Christmas song: "Oh bring me some fudgy fudge-plates, oh bring me some fudgy fudge-plates, oh bring me some fudgy fudge-plates and I'll eat 'em right now!"

Hmmm...the sugar must be getting to me...
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

lareinamae wrote:It might be like back when we were kids with the fist-fights and frog egg fights...
You ladies are too funny!!! :lol:

I can totally picture… 2 hot looking women, all grown up with 6 pack abs, killer tights and muscular arms are on the floor like kids pulling each other hair… trying to get the last Twinkie. :P
cassiegose
VETERAN

Post by cassiegose »

lareinamae wrote:That sounds great buddy! It's probably a good thing you live so far away though, because when I turn into a stark-raving mad carb deprived maniac, you may not want to be near me! It might be like back when we were kids with the fist-fights and frog egg fights.....

Oh, how I love me some fudge. Reminds me of a special Christmas song: "Oh bring me some fudgy fudge-plates, oh bring me some fudgy fudge-plates, oh bring me some fudgy fudge-plates and I'll eat 'em right now!"

Hmmm...the sugar must be getting to me...
I have never in life heard that song. Are you making stuff up again? LOL! How many fudgy fudges did you devour?
Nokie173 wrote:
lareinamae wrote:It might be like back when we were kids with the fist-fights and frog egg fights...
You ladies are too funny!!! :lol:

I can totally picture… 2 hot looking women, all grown up with 6 pack abs, killer tights and muscular arms are on the floor like kids pulling each other hair… trying to get the last Twinkie. :P
If it was over a twinkie it might be a fair brawl... however if it were over peanut butter m&ms or whoppers she would be going DOWN to chinatown! I get pretty scrappy when theirs chocolate involved. :lol:
ironwill
VETERAN

Post by ironwill »

Did someone say the M word...... :shock: :shock: