too energetic to sleep, even after being awake for long!

A place to hang with other members, introduce yourself and discuss practically anything.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

skully
REGULAR

too energetic to sleep, even after being awake for long!

Post by skully »

Okay, since lifestyle has changed. I am no longer tired, and "want" to sleep in the afternoon like I always did before. I used to be lazy, very tired...I made myself go to the gym at the time that I sleep, to replace a bad "un-needed" habit, with a good one. Downside is, I never want to sleep anymore. Even after I spend 45mins in the gym, I still feel I can go on and on and on... better judgments tells me I should workout more than 45 minutes a day, but I am scared I'm getting too sucked in with exercising and training...I am even "thinking" about it before I sleep, it's so hard to sleep!

I still get 8 hours sleep, but I need one hour to fall asleep, and I'd usually wake up one hour before alarm, always!!!

What to do!
Packard
VETERAN

Re: too energetic to sleep, even after being awake for long!

Post by Packard »

Are you taking any over the counter medications? If so, which ones?
skully
REGULAR

Post by skully »

Packard wrote:Are you taking any over the counter medications? If so, which ones?
Nope. No medications whatsoever!
Packard
VETERAN

Post by Packard »

Are you drinking any coffee, tea, or colas?
skully
REGULAR

Post by skully »

Packard wrote:Are you drinking any coffee, tea, or colas?
Nope. Only green tea in the morning. Even soda I didn't have for like some time now.
skully
REGULAR

Post by skully »

amatlack wrote:Green tea does have a bit of caffeine, but I really doubt that would affect sleep, especially if drinking in the morning.

I actually had to give it up and switch to decaf green tea. I feel like such a dope. But I was taking some medication a while back that messed with heart, and now heart skips beats if I have any caffeine at all. Even if I have a cup of decaf coffee after a large meal, I get skipped heartbeats for a week. If I have regular green tea, I get them too. Now, if the caffeine levels in chocolate ever start to affect me, I will just have to suffer them for life. :wink:

Maybe do some pushups and crunches or something before bed to tire you out a bit? I think the exercise and better diet has just given you more energy.
I always try to do some exercises before I sleep in a little while to see if i get tired... extra energy does seem to come from healthy eating and regular exercise, but after exercises are over, I seem to be EVEN MORE energetic, like I can go for another class!

Caffine doesn't affect me as weird as it sounds. I could have coffee 2 hrs b4 I sleep, and I would sleep...its just recently i have a boost of energy that I find it hard to sleep at night.

Ouch, that much be scary to have skipped heartbeats. I would have that when I was really depressed, weird, eh? Now it's over I think...
Packard
VETERAN

Post by Packard »

skully wrote:
amatlack wrote:Green tea does have a bit of caffeine, but I really doubt that would affect sleep, especially if drinking in the morning.

I actually had to give it up and switch to decaf green tea. I feel like such a dope. But I was taking some medication a while back that messed with heart, and now heart skips beats if I have any caffeine at all. Even if I have a cup of decaf coffee after a large meal, I get skipped heartbeats for a week. If I have regular green tea, I get them too. Now, if the caffeine levels in chocolate ever start to affect me, I will just have to suffer them for life. :wink:

Maybe do some pushups and crunches or something before bed to tire you out a bit? I think the exercise and better diet has just given you more energy.
I always try to do some exercises before I sleep in a little while to see if i get tired... extra energy does seem to come from healthy eating and regular exercise, but after exercises are over, I seem to be EVEN MORE energetic, like I can go for another class!

Caffine doesn't affect me as weird as it sounds. I could have coffee 2 hrs b4 I sleep, and I would sleep...its just recently i have a boost of energy that I find it hard to sleep at night.

Ouch, that much be scary to have skipped heartbeats. I would have that when I was really depressed, weird, eh? Now it's over I think...

Sounds like love to me.