Cassie's 2010 Contest Prep Journal

A place to hang with other members, introduce yourself and discuss practically anything.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Cassie's 2010 Contest Prep Journal

Post by Boss Man »

I'm not accepting your apology, becasue it would disrepsect a Lady.

You don't need to be sorry for anything. you're human and that's okay, so be proud of it and no need to apologise for it :).
cassiegose
VETERAN

Post by cassiegose »

Nokie173 wrote:
cassiegose wrote:How are you doing Nokie?
I’m getting better. I lost some motivation too… But I know it’s for the long run and I’m doing all this for myself & health. :D

I was a bit worried because I haven’t heard from you. I was going to send you hundreds of messages…. Just Kidding!!!! :P I wanted to lend you an ear if you needed one but I didn’t have your number. But than again… you might need some alone time while I’ll just be a bug-a-boo…. :mrgreen: But Im happy to know you’re good. Just let me know if you ever need an ear? In 2 weeks... I’ll have all the time in the world… JK... :wink:
I think its kind of normal to lose motivation.... especially when you're as busy as you are! As long as you don't totally let yourself go and start slipping backwards its ok to spend some time not being 100% in the game. Thats called life. ;)

Thank you for your concern and support. Youre sweet! Yes all is well here... just didn't feel like I could offer much motivation to others when i was struggling myself. :)

All is good now.
fitoverforty wrote:Hi Cassie! I'm glad you took some time for yourself, you deserved some "me" time.
Glad to see you are feeling better and all is well! :D

11 - 12% BF!! That is incredible!! Can't wait to see your new pics. :)
Progress pics are posted. :)
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

cassiegose wrote:As of now I believe I'm about 11-12% . I'm leaner than I've ever been and still have a good 2 and a half weeks until next show (I'll post updated pics tonight if I have time)...
Pictures look awesome.. the back... WOW... :shock:
However.. is 11-12% BF healthy?? I mean, what's the lowest for female??
Don't get me wrong.. You look great.. but i'm also concern about your health. :)
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Yes indeed if your goal this round was to attain muscle u succeeded :D
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

As always, I am very proud of you. Every inch of progress is beautiful. WELL DONE :) :).
cassiegose
VETERAN

Post by cassiegose »

Nokie173 wrote:
cassiegose wrote:As of now I believe I'm about 11-12% . I'm leaner than I've ever been and still have a good 2 and a half weeks until next show (I'll post updated pics tonight if I have time)...
Pictures look awesome.. the back... WOW... :shock:
However.. is 11-12% BF healthy?? I mean, what's the lowest for female??
Don't get me wrong.. You look great.. but i'm also concern about your health. :)
11-12% is probably not healthy if a woman is planning on maintaining it for an extended amount of time. For bodybuilding it is actually very normal for competitors to get their in this range (or lower) for a competition. I appreciate your concern for health, you're so sweet Nokie :) however I'm not going to maintain this any longer than necessary. I'm slowly bringing down for the show and as soon as the show is over will slowly bring body fat back up to a healthy range.
Noosk
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by Noosk »

holy mcmoley Cassie!!!! You look amazing! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Top pro bodybuilders have gotten in the past and possibly may still be expected to get, 3% fat.

It used to be 6%, went down to 3%, now may be back to 6%. I'm not sure these days.

Realistically it's not ideal for women to maintain below 12% for sustained periods of time, but when you're dropping down to 10% for a contest, then going back up to around 15-16% or so in the off season, the amount of time you'd spend between 10-12%, is literally around 4-5 weeks in estimation, then perhaps another 2-3 weeks to get it back above 12%.
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

How's it gonig??? Your next Comp is soon.... no?
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

I believe she is doing the Bill Pearl show on May 8th with LaReina.
Best of everything to you Cassie. Hope to hear from you soon. Take care! :D
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

gosh thats this weekend...after seeing your most recent pics I have a GREAT feeling about this show.Hope it is a great time for you & LaReina :)
cassiegose
VETERAN

Post by cassiegose »

Helloooo Everybody!

Ok so I owe everybody an apology for being MIA lately.

I competed in fourth show over the weekend and had a WONDERFUL time. I ended up getting 1st in class so was very happy about that. :) I'm posting a few pics in profile.

Now that this show is over I'm not really sure what I'm going to do from here... I will either take the next 6 months or so to bulk then come back for another show OR I will continue training and do another show in about 7 weeks. Only in this show I would enter the bodybuilding instead of figure just for fun and to see what I can do... kind of kicking around both ideas at this point to see where I want to go from here.

Thank you everbody for your good luck wishes and for keeping me in your thoughts.

Cassie :)
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

cassiegose wrote:I competed in fourth show over the weekend and had a WONDERFUL time. I ended up getting 1st in class
Awesome!!! Congrats Cassie!!!! :D :D
cassiegose
VETERAN

Post by cassiegose »

fitoverforty wrote:
cassiegose wrote:I competed in fourth show over the weekend and had a WONDERFUL time. I ended up getting 1st in class
Awesome!!! Congrats Cassie!!!! :D :D
Thank you. ;)
cassiegose
VETERAN

Post by cassiegose »

Lesplease wrote:Knew it! You look FANTASTIC!!! Congrats girlie! And welcome back. You were most certainly missed!!!

I'm so glad to hear you had such a blast at the show!
Thanks pal. :) How are you doing?