Uh-oh Sleeping problems because of overthinking

A place to hang with other members, introduce yourself and discuss practically anything.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

skully
REGULAR

Re: Uh-oh Sleeping problems because of overthinking

Post by skully »

Packard wrote:
skully wrote:
Lesplease wrote:That's a sign of overtraining.
Unfortunately, I know. But that is only a part of it, really. Another major part I'm trying to change sleeping o'clock from 2-3 a.m. to 12:00 ( I wake up around 8-9 everyday for university).

I don't know how NOT to think about exercise. I tend to get very obsessive. With a lot of things, and exercise is one of them. Blah!!!!! I succcccccck!
grandfather used to have a shot of whisky each night to "help him sleep" (and one before each meal to "stimulate his appetitite"). The stuff is a miracle drug.

Watch TV before going to sleep. It is totally mindless and will help you to not-think. (I miss Jimmy Carter. Whenever he spoke on TV I'd fall asleep immediately. Maybe there are Jimmy Carter recordings?)
Lol. you have the weirdest suggestions. I don't drink Never have. Never will. Fantasized a few time about smoking, but hell no. wouldn't dp it either.
cassiegose
VETERAN

Re: Uh-oh Sleeping problems because of overthinking

Post by cassiegose »

skully wrote: Thanks Cassie. Maybe I should do something I once upon a time did like, like writing in a journal. I used to write all the time, things got bad, so I stopped because it reminded me about a lot of bad stuff.

But I could message you about the stuff I worry about and stuff. I need to figure out a lot of small and big things, u have no idea how much its driving me crazy. I don't have a lot of people to talk to (1 person only), and it's good to hear other perspectives too.

I agree on the overtraining part. It's just brain! Well, I may be doing a bit more than average now. Like today. Morning: weights (10 a.m), later afternoon (6ish) cardio bodycombat class, but I plan to have 2 days off, like tomorrow.

And the other day where I exercise twice is Sunday, also weights, and body balance (a mix tai chi, yoga,pilates...it's not intensive as a cardio exercise. It's rather stretching,

Yeah, I'm doing AWESOME. I inspired two people to come to the gym with me!!! And I feel a lot better and more energized. I may have not lose a lot of weight, or inch size anymore, but clothes looks MUCHHHHH better on me. I feel more confident in them, too!
Ok message me about the stuff that you feel like you need help with... and write the rest of the stuff down in your journal. I think its best to try to work stuff out on your own instead of always relying on somebody else to do it for you. However if there are issues/problems/concerns that you just need to talk to somebody about shoot me a message and, if nothing else, I'll be here to hear you out and help when/where i can. Please do start that journal back up and see if that helps... and do crack that book. I've found that books (especially text books) work better for me than tv as I'm less likely to really get in to a text book while if I turn on the tv I might find a program that i'm interested in and i'll end up staying up just to watch the television.

Great job on inspiring others! Yay! And I'm glad to hear that youre making progress and you feel/look better in your clothes. You're doing great!