Random question...

A place to hang with other members, introduce yourself and discuss practically anything.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

cassiegose
VETERAN

Random question...

Post by cassiegose »

What kind of a face is this: :o? Is that supposed to be a surprised face? Because this one :shock: works really well for a surprised face but I just don't know what to do with this one :o. Anybody?
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Re: Random question...

Post by fitoverforty »

According to the little emoticons descriptions this: :o is "surprised" and this: :shock: is "shock". But I agree with you Cassie, I would use :shock: for "surprised, shocked, OMG, WHAT?, etc." I've probably used almost all of our cute little emoticons, but I can just about guarantee that I have never used :o ...it just doesn't speak to me. :lol:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Yes that is a surprised emoticon, although surpirse isn't always shock, it could be triggered by some random fact, which is isn;'t tha same as shcok, triggered by a death, or your partner jetting jiggy with the next door neighbour on your kitchen table.

REmember shock and surprise aren't always the same. Enough said I think :wink:.
cassiegose
VETERAN

Post by cassiegose »

Boss Man wrote:Yes that is a surprised emoticon, although surpirse isn't always shock, it could be triggered by some random fact, which is isn;'t tha same as shcok, triggered by a death, or your partner jetting jiggy with the next door neighbour on your kitchen table.

REmember shock and surprise aren't always the same. Enough said I think :wink:.
Yeah suprised and shock are not always the same but i think this one :shock: does a pretty good job of covering both. This one :o just doesn't speak to me either I guess. This one :cry: works well for death and this one :evil: works well for when you find your partner gettin jiggy with the next door neighbor on the kitchen table.

personal favorite is this one :mrgreen:. Although it doesn't work when somebody dies or when you find your partner getting jiggy with it with the next door neighbor on the kitchen table... it does work well for alot of other situations. Plus its a pretty color. :mrgreen:
kcmosam
STARTING OUT

Post by kcmosam »

WELL......I think for a man... :shock: would be used to show OMG when looking at Cassie's profile. And for a woman... one could use the same.. :shock: for ... "you have got to be kidding me", "WTF", "holy S%$#" etc... You see, woman seem to use the same face for many different emotions, while a man tries to damn hard too select the right face!
cassiegose
VETERAN

Post by cassiegose »

kcmosam wrote:WELL......I think for a man... :shock: would be used to show OMG when looking at Cassie's profile. And for a woman... one could use the same.. :shock: for ... "you have got to be kidding me", "WTF", "holy S%$#" etc... You see, woman seem to use the same face for many different emotions, while a man tries to damn hard too select the right face!
LOL! Good OMG or Bad OMG?
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

:shock: OMG.... her legs... don't kick me :?
cassiegose
VETERAN

Post by cassiegose »

LOL! You guys crack me up!
ironwill
VETERAN

Post by ironwill »

kcmosam wrote:WELL......I think for a man... :shock: would be used to show OMG when looking at Cassie's profile. And for a woman... one could use the same.. :shock: for ... "you have got to be kidding me", "WTF", "holy S%$#" etc... You see, woman seem to use the same face for many different emotions, while a man tries to damn hard too select the right face!
We have a unique way of getting ourselves in HOT water, at least I do, even when being careful.
ironwill
VETERAN

Post by ironwill »

Lesplease wrote:Don't take this the wrong way, babe, cos you are super hot. OMG She looks awesosososoosmmmmee.
Pretty sure this is what he meant.... :)