Feeling sick after workouts

A place to hang with other members, introduce yourself and discuss practically anything.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

mzaruba423
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Feeling sick after workouts

Post by mzaruba423 »

Hey y'all,

I haven't been on here in a while because I haven't been working out nearly as much over the past year, and I also didn't know where I should post this thread. Over the past few months, I've only been lifting about 2-3 times a week (~40 minute sessions) and playing basketball 2-3 times a week (~2-3 hour sessions); however, I've noticed that I often have to cut workouts short because I start to feel weak or almost dehydrated after about 30-40 minutes. I'm not sure what the cause is (possibly because I don't run any more, I'm not in as good of shape, or I actually am dehydrated), but I'm unsure as to whether or not it can be dehydration because I usually drink 2 glasses of water before I exercise, I get some water in between sets, and I'll drink water/a protein shake/milk after workouts/post feeling terrible. I put the part about basketball in here because I never feel weak during/after time on the court. Does anyone have a clue as to what the problem could be?

Mike
cassiegose
VETERAN

Re: Feeling sick after workouts

Post by cassiegose »

Hi there,

Are you eating before working out? How much water are you drinking per day? Are you feeling short of breath as well or just weak?
mzaruba423
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Re: Feeling sick after workouts

Post by mzaruba423 »

I eat, but usually just something like eggs or cereal and not meat (if that makes a difference). I drink probably 40 ounces of water a day which I know is less than I should, but I used to drink close to 90 ounces of water a day and still had the same problem. I'm definitely not short of breath. I just feel very lightheaded and overheated (I usually feel better in a cold environment as opposed to a hot one).