To All those who can't seem to lose or gain.

A place to hang with other members, introduce yourself and discuss practically anything.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

ironwill
VETERAN

To All those who can't seem to lose or gain.

Post by ironwill »

I was just thinking about all the awesome people I have met here, and there seems to be some who make faster gains or losses, depending on which direction they're trying to go. They seem to be more visible, and active, but I know there are those who are more hidden in the background, who aren't making the big gains or losses, and can't post the big changes because its not happening that fast for them. I want to encourage you to keep on keeping on, keeping striving for that goal. DO NOT GIVE UP. We all gain and lose at different rates, just because it doesn't happen quickly, doesn't mean that it will never happen. You CAN do it.
PandorasVise
HIGH FLYER

Re: To All those who can't seem to lose or gain.

Post by PandorasVise »

I agree! Big changes are made slowly, so just keep trucking and doing what you should and what you want will come!
sandigirl06
HIGH FLYER

Post by sandigirl06 »

Such a nice post, Will!!! Yes, people, never give up!!! Success will be yours if you are patient and put in some hard work. I am just finding that out after 11 months of progress and not-so-great progress. Just keep going through the plateaus, doubtful days and pit falls. We all do struggle with set backs, injuries and the question of "why"??. Many cold early mornings when the alarm rang at 4:15 a.m. and I could've had 3 more hrs sleep in warm comfy bed I asked myself..."why do I do this? Is it really worth all of this effort?" I got up, dressed and to the gym and after warm up the answer comes EVERY time. YES, it is worth it!! When I get to work feeling alive while co-workers are still half sleeping..YES, it is worth it! When I am running around and biking with kids..YES, it is worth it!! And of course when I went bathing suit shopping this week..YES, it is VERY worth it! :mrgreen: The gift of health is the greatest gift you can give to yourself and your loved ones! If you came to this site then you have the desire so read up, take advandage of the wealth of free info and support here and put it to motion. They say the best things in life are free and here is a good example of that. Great thread, Will and very thoughtful of you. Is easy to get discouraged when things stop moving but that is part of the journey. Just keep going and it will happen again. Change things up or examine what could be holding you back. Whatever you do, don't quit!!! Good luck, everyone! :D
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Good motivation Will... :mrgreen:
PandorasVise
HIGH FLYER

Post by PandorasVise »

amatlack wrote:That's funny, I was just looking through here and getting depressed from reading all of these success stories, when I know I should be happy, congratulative (is that a word?), and supportive.

trainer just got one of those Jacob's Ladders things, and I was harping on him yesterday because I hadn't used it yet. He said we'd start off with 5 minutes, that I'd really start feeling it around the 1-minute mark. And I did a bit...I definitely felt it in legs. I got off after 5 minutes, and he was like, "Wow, most people are huffing and puffing after that, but you're breathing just fine!" And I was like, "Yeah, I'm actually in great shape," and I think that was the first time I've ever said that aloud to someone else. We were talking about it later, and I was complaining because people who are in good shape should be thin, and I'm stuck here at a tight size 12. I'm still trying to get brain around the fact that it's the health part that's important, not the number on pants.

It's harder than it sounds.

I feel your frustraion about the fit/thin thing. I too am stuck at a 12 but can last longer and out power others who are younger/thinner than I. I just said to husband last night that with all that I do, i shouldn't weight so much. At karate a few weeks ago, I did 100 pushups (with minibreaks), a year and a half ago I could only do 10 (with minibreaks) Then , last week, I see a woman, who looks to be in much better shape, and a black belt, doing push-ups on her knees?! Made me have a small smirk when I saw that (is that bad of me?)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

No t really. The only bad thing is if you let the other person see you smirk :wink:.

If for whatever reason you feel the need to smirk, in a situation like that, don't get caught.

Just tell yourself it was a proud smirk, not a condescending smirk :P .
PandorasVise
HIGH FLYER

Post by PandorasVise »

I would never let her see me, that would be awful. :oops:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Ahh, you're a stealth smirker. One of those that lies in bed in the dark and smirks, when not even the Sandman can see you :wink:.
Fygle
REGULAR

Post by Fygle »

Boss Man wrote:lies in bed in the dark and smirks
That's a little disturbing.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Not the way I mean. I sometimes do that. You just start thinking of something humorous when you can't sleep, like something you were watching earlier, or something you did during the day and you can't help smirking or chuckling about.