Karate Tournament Maine May 15th

A place to hang with other members, introduce yourself and discuss practically anything.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

PandorasVise
HIGH FLYER

Karate Tournament Maine May 15th

Post by PandorasVise »

Hi Everyone, I know some of you are from New England so I thought I would post this info. The 8th annual US Kyokushin Open Tournament will be held May 15th. more info is available at http://www.mkkarate.com/sundayriver.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As some of you know, this will be second fight. Hopefully, after semi-contact match, I can talk myself into full contact competition that night. I am training really hard. I'll post videos when I get them! Wish me luck!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Karate Tournament Maine May 15th

Post by Boss Man »

I'm from Old England, so no can do, but hey GOOD LUCK anyway :wink:

P.S. seems like you American rebels, have built yourself quite a decent New England. Well at least after 200+ years, it hasn't broken down yet :P.

P.S. if it's semi-contact, what is not allowed? Headshots I wold assume, or is it just little stuff, like pinching and eye gouging?
PandorasVise
HIGH FLYER

Post by PandorasVise »

The difference is in Semi contact you wear soft head gear, hand and shin pads. Full contact is bare knuckles, no pads but the contact rules are the same. we can't punch or elbow to the face, in semi and full contact but everything else is allowed. Kicks and knees to the head and face are common.

~Patty
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Bare Knuckle. That sounds pretty Hardcore. That hasn't happened in boxing since about the late 30's early 40's from memory.

In fact some say Bareknuckle boxing caused less serious and occasionally fatal results, because most people used to go for body, not head shots.
shamal9
STARTING OUT

Post by shamal9 »

Good luck for the tournament. Concentrate more on swimming/jogging for lung power & keep working ur abs real hard. U really need strong abs & lungs to get u thru the bout. They will help u a lot keeping up the kicks. Breathe out thru ur nose, every time to use attacking techniques. Use the combination of kicks & punches together in ur attacks. To counter attack, withdraw ur front foot back & kick by the rear foot, following it up with punches. Another good combination, round house kick with the rear leg, land in the front & follow it up by back spinning kick by the rear leg. Works real good. Don't let off ur guard. Expect to be hurt. All best wishes to u, may u emerge victorious :D .