What Tattoos Do You Have?

A place to hang with other members, introduce yourself and discuss practically anything.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

PandorasVise
HIGH FLYER

What Tattoos Do You Have?

Post by PandorasVise »

I have a bad tattoo from when I was a teenager. Shamefully, it is a playboy bunny. Years ago I went to the laser place to have it lasered (a word? I dunno) off. It cost me like $1000 and five visits to get it somewhat faded because, of course, it is in the one color that lasers don't like, blue-green. So I recently did a web site for a friend in exchange for tattoo work. (rhinosliningz.com) He injected peroxide into tattoo but because it is homemade, the color is in too deep for it to do any good. So I am thinking about covering it up with stems of cherry blossoms extending from shoulder blade, over shoulder and down arm (the bad tat is on the upper arm) and maybe getting the kyokushin kanji (Japanese characters that spell out style) next to them or maybe over them.

What tattoos have you got?? Pictures would be nice.
milly
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Re: What Tattoos Do You Have?

Post by milly »

Why does one get tattos?
PandorasVise
HIGH FLYER

Post by PandorasVise »

I got the first half of the tattoo. It totally covers the ugly little bunny under the kanji. The rest of the tat will go down shoulder blade in the back and I'll have a twig coming up over collar bone.

EdgarHF
HIGH FLYER

Post by EdgarHF »

fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Tattoos fascinate me. I don't have any myself, but I like to see the different designs and learn the reasons behind them. I think tattoos are just like any other art form - a personal expression or signifying something that is personal and close to heart.
Edgar, I like your tattoos, they are very different in style - what do they each mean to you - if ya don't mind me asking? If you don't want to say, that is ok too. 8)
As I said, I don't have a tattoo, but I do have a tiny birthmark shaped a bit like Africa - does that count? :wink: :mrgreen:
PandorasVise
HIGH FLYER

Post by PandorasVise »

EdgarHF wrote:Image
nice!!
EdgarHF
HIGH FLYER

Post by EdgarHF »

[quote="fitoverforty"]Edgar, I like your tattoos, they are very different in style - what do they each mean to you - if ya don't mind me asking? If you don't want to say, that is ok too. 8)
quote]

The butterfly I got in the spring of 1974. I had just seen the movie Papillon with Steve McQueen. I was only 19 and impressionable. So I got a butterfly tattoo like McQueen did in the movie. Of course, I didn't get it on chest. The skull and piston one? Heck, I just got drunk a few years back and ended up with that one.
cyrax_101
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by cyrax_101 »

Not that I dont appreciate tattoos, but when people with tattoos say that they got them for 'commemorating' something, I just wanna say "Just move on." . I do appreciate when someone gets art on their body but the excuses just seem lame to me.
But thats just me.
Sorry for being so straight-forward.

@EdgarHF : Dude whats up with the massive butterfly ? Try throwing in some colour there.