What sports do you do?

A forum for training tips, advice and anything regarding sports and strength events.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

BikeCombo
STARTING OUT

Post by BikeCombo »

I'm big into wrestling, snowboarding, wakeboarding, rockclimbing, bouldering, scuba diving, and hiking. I find that I'm not all that great at conventional sports like basketball or baseball...
bodyforum
STARTING OUT

Re: What sports do you do?

Post by bodyforum »

i love football, n passionate about Cricket a lot...

i've been playing the two games since childhood...
christine15
STARTING OUT

Post by christine15 »

i play, field hockey, netball, lacrosse, tennis, rounders, athletics, squash, swimming, football, these r main sports but if i have a chance to i will do anything
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

The main ones? How do you find time to fit then all in? :shock:

Great that you do do all that activity though, you should be proud of yourself. If indeed you are 15 as your username indicates, at your age, plenty aren't that active and never really have been, so it's great you seem so passionate about doign what you do.

I must ask though, if any of those things are something you're serious about following, or are they mostly just for the enjoyment factor?
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

I love running, basketball, kickball, swimming, road biking, trail bike riding and trail running. Triathlons, Biathlons are great because they combine 2 or 3 of favorite sports - so love doing those!

Boss Man - what is "snooker"? :?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Snooker originates from around 300-400 years ago, it probably spawned Pool, 8 and 15 ball variaties and Billiards a game involving a Black, White and a dot ball, where players score, potting either of the two balls, deflecting off one ball into a pocket, (in off), or onto another ball, (cannon) and a combination of such shots, until they fail to score, or reach a fixed points target.

Bascially in Snooker you get a Green cloth,(baize), large size table, mostly wood, sometimes slates underneath the cloth, 12ft long, 6ft wide, with a Yellow, (2pts), Green, (3pts), Brown, (4pts), Blue, (5pts), Pink, (6pts), Black, (7pts) and 15 reds.

The players attempt to pot a red followed by a colour, then after all reds are gone, the colours in order of value.

Maximum score is 147.

The person attempts to win a Frame, of which small matches can be best of 5 frames, but in big tournaments, usually the final, matches can be best of 37.

For a big tournament, the winner could get around £140,000 for a 2 week tournament, so it's a pretty good earner if you're good enough.

I won't waffle on about terminology and little rules, as it's not important right now.

Don't know if you could, but if you can, you could if you wanted check out You Tube, and look up some of these people.

Ronnie O'sullivan
Steve Davis
John Higgins
Stephen Maguire
John Williams

There are plenty more players obviously, but you might find stuff relating to how it's played, as it's a very skillful game.

donnajo
STARTING OUT

Post by donnajo »

powerlifting.
Abiya
STARTING OUT

Post by Abiya »

I love to play rugby!
(but I want to get into boxing now!)
badversion
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by badversion »

Football(Soccer) play a bit of cricket too.
Mystik
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by Mystik »

Hockey and MMA.
musculargirl
VETERAN

Post by musculargirl »

I like to play and watch tennis, watch american football and baseball, I also like to watch triatholons whenever they show that on tv (i've always wanted to do one) I like to run although I'm heavy right now and don't run much. And I rollerblade and cross country ski too.
JimJam87
STARTING OUT

Post by JimJam87 »

Football, mma, and running
CrazyMoe
STARTING OUT

Post by CrazyMoe »

I'm a professional football player, or in american terms "soccer"
Athene
REGULAR