Wanting to work out.

Teenagers and kids discuss your fitness concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Madster
STARTING OUT

Wanting to work out.

Post by Madster »

Hey everyone. Just to give a little about myself. I am 18, and have run cross country for 3 years. This last summer I did not run because of work(still ran on own). Currently I am in an extreme fitness class at school and it's helped me get back into shape.. but it's not really extreme.. I'm looking to build some upper body strength and form myself a little bit with some back muscle, and abs. At home, I have a bowflex xtreme 2 se, dumbbells going up to 30 pounds.

What im looking for is someone to design a weekly work out. Something I can do every day, or every other day, along with daily 2 mile run. I'm new to working upper body, so any tips, or tricks would be awesome! Thank you guys.

note: This is the bowflex I have:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Wanting to work out.

Post by Boss Man »

Hey there Madster, good to talk to you.

This might work for you.

Squats, 2 sets, 10 reps

Lunges, 2 sets, 10 reps

Deadlifts, 2 sets, 10 reps

Bench press, 2 sets, 10 reps

Shrugs, 2 sets, 10 reps

Planks, 30 seconds

You do this 3x a week every other day.

The mechanism should allow for lunges, because as long as you can extend each leg backwards past the past the side of the mechanism, it should work, because the long bar running through the middle allows for squatting.
toddhicks209
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Re: Wanting to work out.

Post by toddhicks209 »

Your fitness class instructor and certified personal trainers in your area can also guide you to an extreme fitness regimen that is most suitable for you.