Am i doing this right?

Teenagers and kids discuss your fitness concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

ThatOneKid
STARTING OUT

Am i doing this right?

Post by ThatOneKid »

Okay, so i'm a 16 year old (yes i am very young, theres a reason for it), who weighs around 200 pounds, and is 6 foot 1. body fat is around 18%, give or take, and i wanted some advice. I am pursuing a career in the U.S. Army, and i plan to leave right after i get diploma. I have done very little physical activity in the past, but i am still very skinny. I want to become fit enough to go through basic training without having to worry about whether or not i can do the exercises. i want to be able to get through it with as little complications as possible. to do this, i've been working out every other hour on the hour, 4 times a day. i do as many Push-ups, Leg-ups, Squats, and Planks as i possibly can each workout. In addition to this, after every 3rd workout, i walk around neighborhood for about 30 minutes to an hour. i've been watching caloric intake, and drinking nothing but water all day. i've been doing this for 3 days. Am i overworking myself? am i doing too much in too little a time? what should i do to revise plan, and how can i increase both efficiency and effectiveness?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Am i doing this right?

Post by Boss Man »

I think you maye be doing a little too much.

You could do this sort of thing

Day 1. Weights + cardio

Day 2, Cardio

Day 3. Weights + cardio

Day 4. Day off

Day 5. Weights + cardio

Day 6. Cardio

Day 7. Day off.

I'd limit the cardio to around 20-30 minutes on weights days and try to do all the workouts at the same time of the day, so you're getting adequate recvoery time.
Trish0102
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Re: Am i doing this right?

Post by Trish0102 »

If you really want to have a good result of your efforts on you exercises, I suggest you enroll yourself in a gym and get a personal trainer. With this, you will know the proper exercises to perform and how long will you be performing it.