16 years old, need some help

Teenagers and kids discuss your fitness concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

elecom
STARTING OUT

16 years old, need some help

Post by elecom »

Give me advice what should i buy.

Height: 196cm
Weight: 96kg
BF: ~25%

goal is to lose some fat (to ~17%) and gain as much strenght as posibble.

So, question is: should i buy creatine or something different?
And can i take fat burners together with creatine?
which is better: L-cartinine or thermogenics?

I workout at home with dumbbells and bodyweight exercises*
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: 16 years old, need some help

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Robertas, good to speak with you.

Firstly Creatine can cause water retention depending on the type and I don't think you need it at the moment, but you could explore it in later months, when your power base would hopefully be more enhanced.

From personal experience it gave me poor results to be honest and seeing claims about a snarling 235lb juicer, claiming another 40lbs of bench press on creatine, is potentially not going to work on people 50%-60% lighter I don't think.

As for fat burners the herbal ones and plain rubbish and a waste of money and the chemical based ones pose a potential risk to health and many of them, XLS medical being a prime example, are tested using absolutely ludicrous and ridiculous testing methods, that make about as much sense as stabbing yourself in the eyes.

The same things go for thermogenic. You might sweat and possibly get the jitters and maybe even rectal related issues, but most if not all the you lose could just be some water weight and then unless it was excess water you could increase your risk of dehydration and decrease your athletic potential, but reducing the amout of water and available oxygen your muscles, and other important parts of the body could no longer access.

Carnitine is okay, but nothing special in opinion and your body can make it anyway from the breakdown of another amino acid, the name of which escapes me at present.

As for the weight workout(s), what kind of exercises, sets, reps and days do you exercise?
elecom
STARTING OUT

Post by elecom »

Boss Man wrote:Hi Robertas, good to speak with you.

Firstly Creatine can cause water retention depending on the type and I don't think you need it at the moment, but you could explore it in later months, when your power base would hopefully be more enhanced.

From personal experience it gave me poor results to be honest and seeing claims about a snarling 235lb juicer, claiming another 40lbs of bench press on creatine, is potentially not going to work on people 50%-60% lighter I don't think.

As for fat burners the herbal ones and plain rubbish and a waste of money and the chemical based ones pose a potential risk to health and many of them, XLS medical being a prime example, are tested using absolutely ludicrous and ridiculous testing methods, that make about as much sense as stabbing yourself in the eyes.

The same things go for thermogenic. You might sweat and possibly get the jitters and maybe even rectal related issues, but most if not all the you lose could just be some water weight and then unless it was excess water you could increase your risk of dehydration and decrease your athletic potential, but reducing the amout of water and available oxygen your muscles, and other important parts of the body could no longer access.

Carnitine is okay, but nothing special in opinion and your body can make it anyway from the breakdown of another amino acid, the name of which escapes me at present.

As for the weight workout(s), what kind of exercises, sets, reps and days do you exercise?
I exercise 5 days in a week. 2 days of them are only cardio (5KM~27min run). I have maked own workout program, but it's in Lithuanian language. I use exercises from this page
http://www.dumbbell-exercises.com/exercises/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (except the back exercises, because i worry to damage it). Also, i have added some bodyweight exercises like push ups, dips, pull ups. Also, i do abs challenge. reps are 3x8-15, depending on exercise.
I am searching how to get max strenght to the summer.

and few more questions :D
Which food is best to muscle growth and regeneration?
Should i drink OMEGA 3 fish oil?
So you don't recommend me to buy some supplements?

(sorry for weird english)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Well you would be advised to do back exercises, because otherwise you could cause a disparity between the back and chest and if that happens, it could cause possible problems like tension in the upper torso, and potential straining on the spinal column and vertebrae, which could impede some of the movement in your upper body and cause pain and discomfort.

As for some of the other stuff you asked. If you have liquid fish oil, you na drink it, but you cna get fish oil or krill oil in capsule form, which is beneficial.

Occasional problems you might get with fish oil, is the legendary fishy burps, but many such products these days are made in a way that negates that anomelie anyway. I think it's a process called cold water filtering.

As for the comment about no supplements, I wouldn't say that but one of the supplements you mentioned in your prvious post I felt would be better when you're more physically advanced and the others you mentioned in that post are just plain rubbish.

There's no issue with some supplements. If you were to use fish oil / krill oil I wouldn't advise against it and there are some others I wouldn't advise against, which I won't bother to name now, but the ones you mentioned in the first instance I chose to rate accordingly.

As for muscle growth from food, just good protein and carbs sources will do, so lean meats and poultry, eggs, fish, low fat dairy, veggies, fruit, pasta, mushrooms, rice and other grains, peanuts and other legumes.

All you need then do is workout a plan that revolves around such foods and takes into account ones you wouldn't eat based on allergies, ethics / morals, cost and taste.
elecom
STARTING OUT

Post by elecom »

Boss Man wrote:Well you would be advised to do back exercises, because otherwise you could cause a disparity between the back and chest and if that happens, it could cause possible problems like tension in the upper torso, and potential straining on the spinal column and vertebrae, which could impede some of the movement in your upper body and cause pain and discomfort.

As for some of the other stuff you asked. If you have liquid fish oil, you na drink it, but you cna get fish oil or krill oil in capsule form, which is beneficial.

Occasional problems you might get with fish oil, is the legendary fishy burps, but many such products these days are made in a way that negates that anomelie anyway. I think it's a process called cold water filtering.

As for the comment about no supplements, I wouldn't say that but one of the supplements you mentioned in your prvious post I felt would be better when you're more physically advanced and the others you mentioned in that post are just plain rubbish.

There's no issue with some supplements. If you were to use fish oil / krill oil I wouldn't advise against it and there are some others I wouldn't advise against, which I won't bother to name now, but the ones you mentioned in the first instance I chose to rate accordingly.

As for muscle growth from food, just good protein and carbs sources will do, so lean meats and poultry, eggs, fish, low fat dairy, veggies, fruit, pasta, mushrooms, rice and other grains, peanuts and other legumes.

All you need then do is workout a plan that revolves around such foods and takes into account ones you wouldn't eat based on allergies, ethics / morals, cost and taste.
Ohhh, thanks for all information.
Now I will try to workout harder and eat healthier. I think, i better wait 3-4months and then take look to supplements :)