Thighs

Teenagers and kids discuss your fitness concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Chunkeymonkey
STARTING OUT

Thighs

Post by Chunkeymonkey »

HELP!!

I have HUGE!! thighs.

I want to reduce the size but I dont know how to.

What kind of exercises can I do.

However, I DONT want to build up muscle there, because I read about it somewhere.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Spot reducing, is very, very hard. Many believe it not possible. I personally declare an open verdict on that.

Building Muscle anywhere is a good thing. However if you believe you'll get thunder Thighs, then you won't unless your diet and training, are constructed in certain ways, but the ways in which Fat loss would occur in the body, may facilitate Muscle gain, but would lose you Fat, so weight might remain pretty much the same, but Muscle to Fat ratio would improve.
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

fat takes up more space than muscle so even if you were to build some muscle but lose all your fat, your legs would be smaller but look a lot better

muscle is king, build it or you won't lose anything
sonicboom
STARTING OUT

Post by sonicboom »

Yeah I'm 15 and have the same problem. waist isnt that big (30/28") but , thighs make me look wider. Like what workouts can I do and how long would it take? Thanks
Benjamin
STARTING OUT

Post by Benjamin »

Might seem strange, but i wish to know the opposite to this, torso is kinda bulky, but legs are like sticks, ive been doing loads of calf stuff on the leg push at the gym, and btw if your going to give quotes to gym equipment, its only a small gym, three leg machines (leg push) (leg curl) (errr oppposite to leg curl one:P), how do i increase the size of quads and calfs? btw im 16 :D
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

deadlifts, squats and lunges...calf raises are not so great
kcb
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by kcb »

Yeh, what swanso said, deadlifts and squats always give thighs a good 'burn', dont over do them though, im feeling the pain from yesterdays leg workout :?.
Benjamin
STARTING OUT

Post by Benjamin »

kk, am already doing squats and deadlift so thats good, the lunges err, im kinda scared ofem causei tried it once and pulled a muscle near hip:P but ill give it a go, are they necessary?
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

nothing is neccesary but for optimal benefits, yes they are

warm up properly and go easy first off...the lunges didnlt cause that injury if you only did them once, you were already weak in that area and probably flat out sprinting would have done the same thing
Benjamin
STARTING OUT

Post by Benjamin »

ok, thanks bud
miller1089
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by miller1089 »

do sets of squats lunges and leg ext/ leg curls(possibly super set these) doing high reps in the range of 15-20+, light weight good form deep burn
Benjamin
STARTING OUT

Post by Benjamin »

lunges havnt been doing much for me, started doing 1 leg static barbell squats which improve legs alot more although theyre hard to start at as the balance is a little tricky
miller1089
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by miller1089 »

try doing lunges at the end of your work out as heavy as possible for about 8 steps each foot, its not joimimg to make you grow perse, it will lengthen your quads and strengthen your balance for squats. if that still doesnt work try squat walks
Benjamin
STARTING OUT

Post by Benjamin »

oki doki, cheers mate