17 and Lets face it, Im fat...

Teenagers and kids discuss your fitness concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

04 DSG V6
STARTING OUT

17 and Lets face it, Im fat...

Post by 04 DSG V6 »

Well i am 17 and i am about 5' 11" and probably about 210-215lbs. I do not have a workout routine or diet plan. I do not have a gym membership and probably will not get one. I do have free weights (dumbbells, bench press, curl bar, etc.) and i have an exercise bike. I have lately been doing crunches and things like that everynight but i dont know what else to do. I would really just like to drop alot of weight and maybe gain some muscle while doing so. Anybody have suggestions or have a good routine or program i could do with the things i have? Thanks for any and all help
zerosktrkd
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by zerosktrkd »

ur pretty much set w/ free weights.

whats ur diet look like?
routine?
04 DSG V6
STARTING OUT

Re: 17 and Lets face it, Im fat...

Post by 04 DSG V6 »

04 DSG V6 wrote:I do not have a workout routine or diet plan.
I pretty much just eat whatever when i get hungry, but i do not drink cokes. I do no thave a routine either, which is why i am here to get one...
Christopheel
REGULAR

Post by Christopheel »

As everyone will tell you soon, clean up your diet (just tell us what and when you eat so we can for you), and main fat burner exercises are deadlifts, squats and sprints. For the rest, I will let the experts talk. lol :)

But don't worry, If you give the efforts, resultats will come fast.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Well just a basic outline of your diet. I mean, when do you have meals roughly. You must have pretty similar eating times evry day, and what are the meals like?
zerosktrkd
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by zerosktrkd »

yes that is what i was looking for.
no cola is a good start.
age? weight? goal? etc.
04 DSG V6
STARTING OUT

Post by 04 DSG V6 »

^^ dont mean to be rude, i do appreciate the help, but did you not read original post, haha

Im 17, probably about 215lbs, I dont know what an average weight is for height an age, but i would like to be around 185

usual schedule is..

Wake up- around 12:30 (therefore no breakfast)

Lunch- About 1:30 or 2:00 - i always eat out for lunch during the summer, if i go to a restaurant i always get tea, if i go fast food i get water, but i try to stay away from fast food, either way i try not to eat so much

On days that i work, i usually dont eat again until 9:30, or somedays liek today, 11:30. I work at Jason's Deli, so on days i do work i always bring home a sandwich or a wrap, but tonight i made a salad =). Days i dont work i will usually eat dinner at around 7 or 8, which will usually me mexican food.

Then i usually fall asleep at around 3:00 or 4 AM

I know what i do isnt very healthy, but that is daily routine as of right now, but starting monday that will change (i'm moving this weekend so i dont have much time to exercise)
zerosktrkd
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by zerosktrkd »

not that i dident read it. I just dont memarise evrything that i read. it helps when u put it all in one post so that we dont have to go and look back at ur previous posts.

diet is terrible breakfast is the most important meal of the day and eating out everyday on top of that, yikes. I dont think that u are eating enough and what u are is what you should try and avoid. Water n tea is good but not nearly enough drinking water with junk food doesent compensate for the junk. would you like to have a muscular physique or u just wanna slim down?
04 DSG V6
STARTING OUT

Post by 04 DSG V6 »

Yea i knew that was coming. first priority is to slim down, but i also want to gain muscle
zerosktrkd
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by zerosktrkd »

i wasnt trying to make u feel bad or anything its just better that u hear the truth. we are here to help u, not to lie to u.
04 DSG V6
STARTING OUT

Post by 04 DSG V6 »

oh i no, i was just saying that i know i dont eat right. Do you have any suggestions or routines for me?
04 DSG V6
STARTING OUT

Post by 04 DSG V6 »

Anybody?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

04 DSG V6 wrote:Wake up- around 12:30 (therefore no breakfast) (You know that's got to change. Have a Bowl of Cereal with Skimmed Milk, to get the Bloodsugar back up, and assist Brain functions etc etc. I would also say have about 3-4 Egg Whites and a Yolk Scrambled.)

Lunch- About 1:30 or 2:00 - i always eat out for lunch during the summer, if i go to a restaurant i always get tea, if i go fast food i get water, but i try to stay away from fast food, either way i try not to eat so much (Difficult to know here, need ot know what you eat at restaurants.)

On days that i work, i usually dont eat again until 9:30, or somedays liek today, 11:30. I work at Jason's Deli, so on days i do work i always bring home a sandwich or a wrap, but tonight i made a salad =). Days i dont work i will usually eat dinner at around 7 or 8, which will usually me mexican food. (Salad thing doesn't sound too bad, but I'd add something like Chicken in there.)

Then i usually fall asleep at around 3:00 or 4 AM
You also need to really thing about between meal snacks to preserve muscle.

I would say things like Pre or Probiotic Yoghurts, coupled with a small portion of Nuts or Seeds, to increase Protein and Fats content could be a possibility, or have a piece of Fruit, something with good carb levels, like an Apple, and then have the Nut or Seed sources, about 10-15 minutes later, to give Fruit time to start digesting unimpeded.

Another possibility is some Low Fat Cheese.
sambhavens
STARTING OUT

Post by sambhavens »

Well first I'm going try and help.

Eat BREAKFAST everyday with two bowls of Cheerios, fruit, a glass of milk and two glasses of water. You should fill up a milk gallon carton with water and drink one gallon of water every day.

You would want to eat either 3-6 meals a day. Log on www.mypyramid.gov(go to the upper right side post your numbers there and it will show what you SHOULD eat and what types of foods you will be incorporate in your meals.

Take a multivitamin that way you will have all of vitamins and minerals that your body will need in case you do not fall through with the diet (although its a must you get your daily vitamins and minerals in).

As for workout you should know you need to workout out with a TOTAL workout since you have no routine as of yet.

Strength
Chest/ Upper and MiddleBack,
Shoulders Anterior and Postier,
Biceps/Triceps
AB's/ Lowerback,
Obliques

Legs-
Quads,Hamstrings
Gastercenomies(Calfs)

This site has a lot of good workout for home work outs. Make sure you get a exercise ball too. It builds stability and homegrown muscle!

Cardio- Run/Walk for 45 mins.. Break it down Run for 5 Mins then do 5 mins of walking until you have the enough energy/built up enough cardio so you can run for a consent 45 mins without walking..

Hope this helps a little and START SLOW then workout way on up.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Want to comment on this, and not to diss you Sam, or make you look stupid.

1. Two bowls of Cheerios and some Fruit, is probably too high a Glycemic load.

You need to raise bloodsugar when you wake as the Brain uses Sugars for a starter, but frankly as most Cereals are around 65-75 GI, you don't want two bowls, then add fruit, which bumps up the Carbs, and create a massive Glycemic Load.

Maybe one Bowl, and some Fruit, but he shoul in that instance eat the Fruit about 10-15 minutes pre Cereal, in order to help it digest better.

3-6 meals is too vague, at least 5-6. 3 or 4, promotes muscle burn, (Catabolism), and isn't the best method, as you cannot possibly eat every 2.5-3 hours on a 3-4 meal strategy, unless you spend 12 hours a day in bed, and that's unproductive.

Multuivits are fine except that some Vitamins / minerals, can become Toxic in excess levels, especially A,D,E and K, and some minerals like Calcium and Magnesium for example, can compete in, which may cause a deficeit in one or both, so I'd say he should stick ot 1/2 a day to be on the safe side.

I think you also meant Gastrocnemius, as opposed to Gastercemonies, but it's cool bud, no worries :).