need somemore help

Teenagers and kids discuss your fitness concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

LuluS
STARTING OUT

need somemore help

Post by LuluS »

ok well i have big thighs and i want to get rid of them...they're the reason why i cant wear pants good...how do i get rid of them? i run, jog, and walk everyday...i work out with weights on inner and outter thighs...how do i get rid of it?
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

the thighs are a storage area for females as well as hips (guts for men) so it will be a stubborn area but if you keep consisitent and making your workouits progressively harder than you'll get there but there is no quick really
DianaB
REGULAR

Post by DianaB »

hey Lulu,
Everyone's got a spot they'd love to get rid of. Sadly, as you must have read here or elsewear, spot reducing just doesn't work. High waisted straight cut leg pants are making a huge fashion impact this fall, they'll hide a mutiltude of sins.

Hows the rest? I mean is this the only fat you've got to lose? Sometimes we obsess over one spot, when we should be looking at the whole body. A proud chest and back, with well defined arms can help balance out lower body issues. Incorporate a full body workout into your routine. If you are using gym machines for your thighs, forget about it. Moving side squats will benefit you much more. If you are at a gym, arrange for a training session with free weights and compound exercises.
Don't aim for skinny thighs, you might never get there. Work with what you have, remember girls are supposed to have curves.
LuluS
STARTING OUT

Post by LuluS »

thanks and uhh...im a boy lol...well whats goin on with me is, i have a big and huge thighs...i want to get rid of both, im doing good progress with the and im not exactly aiming for really skinny thighs...i just want smaller ones...also, i dont exactly know all the exercises and what they are...i just kinda do what i do :/
DianaB
REGULAR

Post by DianaB »

LOL
It's the Lulu that threw me off. Sorry dude! :oops:
Doing what you do is fine, just know WHAT and WHY your doing it. Hit the Y if you can and get in a session with a trainer. If you've got a big to get rid of, take action by seeing your doctor and getting on a clean diet. fat is a leading indicator of lots of bad stuff, like cardiovascular disease and diabetes, just to name a few. Take action and own up to the issue, and you are on the first step to solving it.

And forget about the high waisted straight cut pants.