weight gaining tips

Teenagers and kids discuss your fitness concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

homeslice
STARTING OUT

weight gaining tips

Post by homeslice »

Hello, I just wanted to start by saying that I'm new to these forums and that I'm 16 years old.

Anyways, I would like to know what supplements that you guys would recommend that would help me gain muscle mass. I'm 5'8" 140 lbs and only 9.2% body fat last time it was checked. I've been hovering around 140 lbs for about the last year as well, no matter what I eat. I don't think diet is what's keeping me from gaining weight either, I could consume buckets of kfc every day for a week and not gain a pound (I know this as a fact because i experimented with this for a week at the kfc down the road from me lol). Anyways, I'm guessing that metabolism it just too damn fast or something. I was just wondering if there were any good supplements that would help me gain some muscle mass.

p.s. lately I''ve been hearing a lot about this whey protein too, would this help? What about creatine, too?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Creatine, in opnion a waste of time, until you're reasonably bulked, as you're natural power output won't produce much additional gain, until you're pretty bulked up.

You can do these sorts of things.

Protein powder with Maltodextrin, to assist muscle recovery.

Glutamine, to assist the synthesis of Protein.

possibly a Casein, for night time anti-cataboilic activity.

Should be all you'll really need for starters.

This is how I would rate them.

Glutamine.

P P

Casein.

I say this as you could eat after the workout, negating the need for a P P, and you could have something slow digesting like Fat Free Cottage Cheese before bed instead of Casein, if you want to do a Casein option.
homeslice
STARTING OUT

Post by homeslice »

Thanks, I'll look into those.