Any Teens here use "Nautilus" machines?

Teenagers and kids discuss your fitness concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

AdamL
STARTING OUT

Any Teens here use "Nautilus" machines?

Post by AdamL »

Nautilus is a big brand of gym machines which gym uses. I know all the names so if you do, use the machine names and your weights/sets etc, so we can compare :P.
paintball26
STARTING OUT

Post by paintball26 »

At the gym I attend they have both Nautilus and Hammerstrength. I never was a big fan of using machines until I realised the importnace of being able to workout without a spotter. I really don't notice a differance in the amount I can lift between machine brands
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

you'll get bigger and stronger using free wts.....
Benjamin
STARTING OUT

Post by Benjamin »

yup thats true, i used free weights at home (dads old equipment) and then the lock at the end of them broke, very old equipment and didnt want to spend any moneyon a new one, had 3 month brake, then went to the gym with two of mates, one being very muscly and bulky, other being not very in shape but endurance good, within a month i was up to the less in shape ones, and now i am beyond it, trying to catch up with the other guy, trust me, USE FREE WEIGHTS!!!
kcb
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by kcb »

Free weights are the best for home use aswell, and you can easily adjust them for more weight. What benefits does a machine have that free weights dont?
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

none
bmac_21
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by bmac_21 »

safety, easier to change weights, err...less messy with weights?

lol of course free weights are better but there are SOME benefits to machines.
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

you'll get more injuireis on machines than free wts

the other 2 are laziness
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Probably, but sometimes machines like say a Smith for example, are better for Benching and Squatting, if you train alone. I used to have to do that, as you can't always find someone to spot you, when you need them.

Nowadays, I do Dumbbell variations of Squat or Bench, so at least any problems I get training alone, means weights dropping on the floor not me.