Will stomach exercises help achieve firmer chest? ()

Teenagers and kids discuss your fitness concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

sonicboom
STARTING OUT

Will stomach exercises help achieve firmer chest? ()

Post by sonicboom »

I have noticed that a lot of excercises focus on the stomach and tension on stomach muscles. Will these kind of excercises help me achieve a six pack chest rather than slightly droopy abs? If not what kind of excercises/ diet would i need? Thanks

(I have a sit up machine and do 100+ a day (in one 2 minute burst) I should probably be doing more, what is a good amount and how often should i do them?)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

No do less. Quality not quantity.

Probablytnot a sit up Machine, sounds more like an Abs Cradle. If so you're limited, to Sit-ups, Crunches, Sdie Crucnehs, or some kind of Twisty sit-ups / Crunches to change the emphasis.

Other than that try doing Planks, or things like Leg Raises, possibly Jacknives too, which don't require an Abs Cradle. I hate those. Every time I've used one before, the head rest and Head won't synchronise, so the Head rest moves slower than Head, and eventually hits me in the Neck.

I loathe them with a passion :wink:.
sonicboom
STARTING OUT

Post by sonicboom »

Yeah it sounds pretty much like what you called it, I just didnt know what to call it lol.

Okay thanks, I will try to do a variety of exercises as you suggested. But now to diet. I suppose this is current diet (i go to school and have to eat during breaks):

6:30
Shredded wheat cereal (whole grain) with milk
Toasted Brown bread (sometimes with butter, but can have it dry)

10:50 (break)
fruit: Apple/Banana

12:00 (lunch)
? School lunch

3:20 (journey home)
what could I eat here

6:00 (dinner)
Protein: Chicken/lamb/Some kind of fish
starchy food like potatoe
rice/pasta
A vegetable (normally brocolli)

Is this diet okay, I have also cut soft drinks out of diet completely and have started drinking around 8 glasses of water a day a couple days ago.

Thanks a lot, this site is great. You guys really help people. P.S I dont mind abs cradle lol
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

sonicboom wrote:
6:30
Shredded wheat cereal (whole grain) with milk
Toasted Brown bread (sometimes with butter, but can have it dry) (seems Fine)

10:50 (break)
fruit: Apple/Banana (I'd go with Apple. It's lower Glycemic. You might still get possible conversion of Fructose to Fat in the Liver, but Bloodsugar elevation will be reduced.)

12:00 (lunch)
? School lunch (Wheatbread Sandwhich, (thin bread slices), Turkey or Chicken Filling, and a Boiled Egg. Shelled before you get to school obviously)

3:20 (journey home)
what could I eat here (Low Fat Cheese, or a pre / probiotic Yoghurt, and maybe a few Almonds.)

6:00 (dinner)
Protein: Chicken/lamb/Some kind of fish
starchy food like potatoe
rice/pasta
A vegetable (normally brocolli) (Not too Bad. There is a line of thinking that says Starch and Proteins aren't wonderful together, so perhaps cut Potato to a small Baked one, and use Broccoli to replace the lost Carbs.)