Gym Muscle problem...

Teenagers and kids discuss your fitness concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

kps
STARTING OUT

Gym Muscle problem...

Post by kps »

Ok just came back from the gym....I worked chest to the limit that triceps stopped working....It was intent to do chest and triceps today..
And I did the chest exercises first so the arms would be good to work with the weight for chest and then triceps.....Now i'm coming back...I was satisfied with workout and I think I gave it all....even though continuously chatting friend was sometimes breaking focus I still did good(not as good as I would have if i was focused) but the problem is that musclkes were strained in the gym.....but now i came back I hardly feel any pain at all...the is some stress in triceps still but HARDLY(there is still some) any stress in chest....Is it supposed to hurt later when it's recovering or did I not do well enough.....I think I did the exercises right...but then again I am a beginner and it was first time trying those exercises...plz help

-thanx u guys r really great :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

1. If there is a bit of Stiffness that goes away, no problem.

2. Any DOMS, (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness), 1-2 days after, no problem.

3. Anything that feels like a a sharp pain, a stabbing pain, or as if the pain moves around the muscle, rather than feeling like it stays in the same place, you've got a problem.

Which of those best describes your feeling.
kps
STARTING OUT

Post by kps »

I think it's 1....I'm waiting for the muscle soreness but i dont feel it as much It's been 2 hour since workout ....the strain has increased a little but more on the triceps than the chest....maybe I ddidn't work the chest that much...
Benjamin
STARTING OUT

Post by Benjamin »

Bossman, errr say if i go to the gym 2/3 times a week, 16 y/o and stay 1-3 hours, occasionally 4, if i feel like going hardcore on the running machine, and i get these odd pains in biceps, like just randomly any time in every day life, it feels like someones stabbing me with a needle, it only happens for about 10 secs, but realy hurts, whats happening ?:(
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Could be the type of exercise, and could be related to overtraining, and not enough muscle recovery.

Your biggest problem is 3-4 hours of training at once is not good, counterproductive, and sucks for recovery, bulking etc etc.

Stick to a max 1 hour on weights, and maybe Cardio afterwards 30 mins Interval, 2-3 times a week or something on that lines.

Cut back on your workload or keep suffering.
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

possible nerve impingement in the shoulder girdle
Benjamin
STARTING OUT

Post by Benjamin »

Alright, cheers for the advice mate :)