In need of workout plan for almost 13 yearold

Teenagers and kids discuss your fitness concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

jetouellet
STARTING OUT

In need of workout plan for almost 13 yearold

Post by jetouellet »

I'm almost 13 and I'm looking for a work out plan.I have done some before but I only stuck to them for like 2 weeks.I have no specific goals although I am slightly overweight {180 pounds.5 foot 3 not muscle}I have 2,3 and 5 pound weights,exercise balls,small trampoline,exercise bike and a Wii.I'm going to get Dance Dance Revolution for it.Is there anything else I should buy?Like a weight set and bench?
I need plan not just some tips
Help is appreciated.Thanks
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

at 13 stick to bodyweight stuff

search these:

Your Body Is A Barbell by Alwyn Cosgrove

and

Death By Bodyweight by Ian King
jetouellet
STARTING OUT

Post by jetouellet »

swanso5 wrote:at 13 stick to bodyweight stuff

search these:

Your Body Is A Barbell by Alwyn Cosgrove

and

Death By Bodyweight by Ian King
I have no idea what some of those exercises are.I don't think I could be able to do them.
DianaB
REGULAR

Post by DianaB »

Did you search Death by Bodyweight? Maybe the handstand push up could be difficult for you, but the rest are very basic. There are pictures and clear instructions.
You will benefit much more from starting out with bodyweight exercises, and progress to a weighted workout.
diana
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

read the decriptions and look at pictures then have ago and see how you go with them...you can;t just say i can't do them...
jetouellet
STARTING OUT

Post by jetouellet »

swanso5 wrote:read the decriptions and look at pictures then have ago and see how you go with them...you can;t just say i can't do them...
Yeah I'll try them and see how I do.If I can't5 I'll go on to plan B
DianaB
REGULAR

Post by DianaB »

Hey J, You can do them, I'm sure.
Maybe your not sure b'coz you haven't tried yet, that's OK. Those exercises may seem a bit weird to you. daughter is your age, and she didn't think she could do one push up. Well, when I challenged her to try, she did 15 on the first shot. Be open to new stuff.
Use your exercise bike, that will help you shed a few pounds for sure. And it will help towards a healthy heart and lungs.
If you want to get in shape, make sure you are eating well. That means no junk, soda, chips etc.
I challenge you to try some of those exercises. If you can't do a push-up on your toes, it's OK do it from your knees for now.
Remember, exercise is like anything else, the more you do it, the better you get.
Let us know how you do, and what's plan B, BTW?
smiles
diana
jetouellet
STARTING OUT

Post by jetouellet »

I don't have a Plan B.I'll get back to you when I do them.
sassygirl
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by sassygirl »

You can do it jet....dont give up! Dont worry about starting small....with no weights. Taking care of yourself now will allow you to be able to focus on weights in a bit. Maybe even try some wind sprints...either running or on the bike.....seriously....i doubted this at first..but after a couple of weeks with them put into cardio.....it has made a hudge difference!

Just remember to keep telling yourself you CAN do it! a positive attitude will make a world of difference