One Thing I Like About This Kids Section

Teenagers and kids discuss your fitness concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

miller1089
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by miller1089 »

this is annoying me. creatine is a protein that sythesizes more energy production in the presence of adenosine di-phosphate(ADP) which breaks it bonds releasing cellular energy then turning into adenosine tri-phosphate(ATP), yet another protein molecule w/ phosphate molecules attached that yields high energy out put when combusted in the mitochondria
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

To knowledge Creatine is a Combination of 3 amino acids, it's not a Protein. If it was a protein, it would behave in a similar way to Whey or Casein and it doesn't, all three of which I've used at some time in lifting history.
miller1089
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by miller1089 »

well yea all proteins are chains of amino acids, just like all carbs are chains of glucose/galactose/sucrose
Benjamin
STARTING OUT

Post by Benjamin »

i didnt realise atp combusts in the mitochondria, thought it was for active transport, and the mitochondria simply use aerobic respiration for there energy?
miller1089
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by miller1089 »

active transport refers to protein pumps on the surface of cells responsible for selective diffusion, or ribosomal activity in thecytoplasm. mitochondria have 2 ways of producing energy. these are: aerobic and anerobic, this all depends on the type of exercise your doing and how much oxygen is reaching your cells.

and where else would energy be produced within the cell?
Benjamin
STARTING OUT

Post by Benjamin »

theres the problem, thought combust meant explode, i was like...what the hell he's talking bollox, but if it means made then yeh...:P
miller1089
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by miller1089 »

combust is just another word for exergonic reaction
Benjamin
STARTING OUT

Post by Benjamin »

Why do they make everything so blooming confusing in biology!
miller1089
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by miller1089 »

i dont kno, but once you do understand the basics and apply them to yourself your training can take a turn for the better