[16YO] Need to Lose Body Fat

Teenagers and kids discuss your fitness concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

timetochange
STARTING OUT

[16YO] Need to Lose Body Fat

Post by timetochange »

Hi guys. I'm a 16 year old in need of an effective work out for fat loss. I read somewhere that "fat" loss is better than "weight" loss because weight loss will actually make you lose lean tissue, or something.

So yeah, I'm about 220 lbs. I quit the football team last year and from then on, the weight just kept on stacking.

problem areas are:
hamstrings
glutes (butt)
/stomach
pecs

I'd prefer home workouts cuz I got 3 of the most dangerous traits: laziness, lack of self control, short attention span. Any dietary suggestions would help too.

Oh yeah btw, I'm gonna be getting a job soon so that'll cut down on work out time (however long it is), plus homework and other school stuff.

Thanks.
inapsine
STARTING OUT

Post by inapsine »

ok this isnt going to be easy but by god its possible, not to long ago i was in your position i was around 95.6kg and 6ft 3 not major but i wasnt happy, i decided time to change and since 6 months ago i have been slowly and healthily reducing weight now on to you :)

Im gonna tell you what i told the other guy as it will help you lose fat and replace with muscle mass a fair trade :)

The basics

Try the following excercises in your routine

deadlifts 3sets of 8 reps (works legs and back amongst others)
squats 3 sets of 8 reps (works legs and back amongst many others)
bench press 3 sets of 8 reps (works chest and many others)
these 3 are compound excercises which means they work many muscle groups at once

also try heavy bicep curls for biceps,
shoulder press for shoulders
tricep curls for triceps

workout 3 times a week using this training routine each time but vary excercises keeping reps and sets the same.

their is a huge database on shapefit.com with many excercises for each body part. Try to vary excercises including compound excercises in all workouts.

Diet is also key try to eat a source of protein and carbhohydrate before workout ie low fat yogurt (200g)

after workout really tuck in to protein have a shake if you have or meat such as fish or other lean sources. Egg whites are brilliant.

But this isnt it throughout the day you should aim to consume around 150 grams of protein including the pre/post workout meals. Avoid high salt and saturated fat and drink around 3-4 litres of water a day should work a treat.

If you havent read all this just remember slow releasing carbs, low fat, high protein. Stay hydrated and nothing will stop you!
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

why'd you quit football?

you need to get your head right, you just listed 6 reasons why you'll fail before you even started
timetochange
STARTING OUT

Post by timetochange »

swanso5 wrote:why'd you quit football?

you need to get your head right, you just listed 6 reasons why you'll fail before you even started
why did i quit? just flat out lost passion for it.

oh and tyvm inapsine for ur suggestions! ill be sure to add those workouts onto by list and take those diet suggestions into life.