Hey

Teenagers and kids discuss your fitness concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Dolce85
STARTING OUT

Hey

Post by Dolce85 »

Hello. I'm 17 years old, I'm 5'8" and I weigh 151. I don't think I'll be growing to be any taller, so I need to lose this extra fat. I've tried dieting many times but problem is sometimes I don't have the right foods to eat. Honestly, I don't have much money to spend. I have no problem staying away from candy, pop, & etc. I work out 2-3 days a week. At the gym I jog on the treadmill for 20-30 minutes burning about 190 Calories in a 2 mile distance.

Here is what I eat on a daily basis:

Morning (6AM) - Apple or Small bowl of cereal
Noon (12 AM) - PB&J Sandwich
Lunch (4 PM) - I eat whatever mom makes, and sometimes I pig out.
Dinner (7:30) - Eat some leftovers from lunch

I lost 3 pounds, but now I'm stuck. I'd like to know a good eating schedule, becuase day usually starts at 6 becuase of school. Also, how many calories should I be burning?

Thanks.
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

- do you do wts? there 100000 times better than jogging for fat loss
- you need to eat every 3hrs at most so you'll need another 2 - 3 meals
- after a better look you need to probably double you calories to raise your metabolism
- the 3pds you lost was probbaly water and/or muscle, not fat from the looks of that
- don;t worry about burning more cal's, you don;t eat enough so your burning muscle...increase cal's for starters, not burn them

read these:

food
http://steelmuscle.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?t=107

training
http://steelmuscle.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?t=131
Dolce85
STARTING OUT

Post by Dolce85 »

So basically, weights are a better source of weight loss? I saw that 5-time-a-day meal shedule you posted, would that be fine for me?
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

wts and cardio yes but more wts than cardio...

yeah start at 5 meals but 7 - 8 meals are better if you can work up to it...these will be smaller meals though than the 5 you'll have now