Meals

Teenagers and kids discuss your fitness concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Benjamin
STARTING OUT

Meals

Post by Benjamin »

Hello, Im not insulting anyone here when i say this, or do not intend to...

Its just, ive seen all these posts about meals and what not, and i only joined a couple of hours ago!! i go to the gym 1-3 times a week with 1-3 hour workouts, i stick to a routine the gym instructor has set up for me but increase the weights every other time i go. Im 16 years of age, and eat whatever is on the menu, although to be honest i do usually have 2 toasts and a banana in the morning, then sandwhiches with ham lettuce and tomatoe and crisps choco bar and a fruit in lunch, and then a big dinner, im not doing 6 meals a day or whatever. And not to be rude or anything, muscles are increasing in size ( goal is to build muscle mass) and im only increasing weight about 1-2 kg every 1 1/2 months. I guess most people are doing this to lose weiht or "get chizzelled muscles" but ive got generally big arms, alright six pack, nice back, and i guess i have quite small legs. But still

main question is:
Do these meals actually have to be set out like this? I have to eat a big dinner with family at night as i respect dad and he likes cooking for us. I mean, does it make all that difference?
kcb
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by kcb »

Thats a good question.
I recently read Kurt Angles biography and he said he used to come home, eat everything in the house and he still gained alot of muscle mass.
Also in Triple H's guide to a better body he states that a 'clean' diet isnt necessary, and if your on the road then stopping and getting fast food wont mean the end of the world.
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

when your 16 will build muslce as your hormone are going crazy...i respect mum but i never ate her food really when i was young...if you have a big dinner than train before it...yes it does make a difference (blood sugar levels, fat storage etc)

eating something is not so good is better than nothing...HHH na dangle are very acitve too so they can get away with it bit you'll see HHH gain fat the longer he wredstles without injury and he's only in real decent condition when he hasd time off and starts back up again, as with all wrestlers
Benjamin
STARTING OUT

Post by Benjamin »

Err, not being rude to swnaso and the other guy, but i would also like bossman's opinion on this one, thanks !
kcb
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by kcb »

Other guy? You mean other girl? :wink:
If you want a direct reply from Bossman go to his site http://steelmuscle.freeforums.org/portal.php
Benjamin
STARTING OUT

Post by Benjamin »

Sorry! didnt mean to call you a guy, hugs and kisses and stuff :D. Ok ty for the link aswell
DianaB
REGULAR

Post by DianaB »

Benjamin, at 16 and , Swans is correct, if you eat enough cals and train, you will grow muscle (and fat). Depending on your body type and metabolism, the percentages of fat and muscle gained will differ.
Enjoy it while it lasts.
However, it won't last forever. Creating good eating habits are better done sooner than later. Later, when your simple carb, high fat diet starts to slow your metabolic rate, it will be harder to change these habits. When your natural test levels decrease over time, the percentage of fat you put on will be greater than the muscle you put on. And should you stop training for what ever reason, you will find that you start to gain fat rather quickly by eating whatever is available in front of your pie hole. If you are injured tomorrow and can't train, you won't have the knowledge or discipline to eat well, and all the gains you have made will be lost by eating a crappy diet. In fact, you might end up worse off then when you started.
Training, whether for sport or appearance, is more than just going to the gym and bulking up on cheeseburgers. Get your diet in order, it will be the determining factor in whether you have continued success or major failure.