Bulking

Teenagers and kids discuss your fitness concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Benjamin
STARTING OUT

Bulking

Post by Benjamin »

Hey, ive been at the gym for a while now. freinds say theyve seen me bulking up, but i cant see much improvement (the whole psychological thing) Just wondering, without like a proper hardcore diet, is there anything i could do just minorly to what i eat on college days?

6:20-6:35 AM- Two Bread Slices + Banana

10:00-11:30 AM - Salad+Hamsandwhich/cheese and pickle. + Chocolate bar :D

1:00-2:00 - Orange + Other Sandwhich

4:30-5:30 Crisps, and biscuits/peanuts

7:00-8:00 Whatever is on for dinner (if dad cooking usually nice chinese meaty meals)

Always make sure i have 5 fruits/veg a day, alot of water obviously, i dont want any major changes, just a different fruit advisedor bread or sandhiwhiches or whatever:D
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

- breaky needs to twice as big...as a high fibre cerial in there
- add veggies and salad to second meal
- same with meal 3
- you'll also need more protein with these 2 meals, deli meat won't be enough...make it chicken breast and tuna in the sandwitches if you can
- meal 4 is complete rubbish...solid protein, veg, salad here (turkey maybe)
- when do you train? you'll need a protein shake as soon as you finish
- if dinner is bg, cut in half and have some before bed...you grow when your resting/sleeping so you need some food here but low cal food
Benjamin
STARTING OUT

Post by Benjamin »

ok cheers mate. The breakfast i can do. Second and third meal, adding vegs shouldnt be hard, anything in particular thats cheap and good for you? I can definitely get tuna in sandwhiches. Errr cutting the meal in half might be hard, but dad is ex hardcore gym person so should understand. And Protein shakes might be hard, might have to pay freind to get it for me and set the drinks up, i gnerally go to colelge with the guy and the gym too, its just parents dont agree with me taking supplements. So errr, just wondering, would the protein shakes and cutting meal in half necessary, or could i find some way around it? like eating less at dinner, then just snacking on something before sleep?

Cheers.
Ben
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

- i just buy homebrand frozen veggies from the supermarket and plenty of them
- get your old man back into it
- you're old man should understand the protein shake surely
- only cut dinner in half if it's a big meal if not just have as one meal but you'll want something before bed so maybe leave a 1/4 of dinner to have before bed...instead of protein shakes you could simply have some flavoured milk, it's not as good but can do the job as long as you eat agin in 30 - 60mins after it
Benjamin
STARTING OUT

Post by Benjamin »

alright mate, lol dad kinda has gout in his ankle and elbow so cant really, he says if i start having protein shakes then i'll get too into weigths and not concentrate enough at college. Flavoured milk...interesting, i'll give it a go :)

-edit on steelforums, when i try and post it comes up saying General Error: table "w" is a problem or some shit...:P-
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

3 - 4hrs of wts a week isn't too much to distract you from anything...if anything it will be a stress reliver, you'll be more alert, have more energy and have more confidence and disclipline from your wt training so it will only HELP your college aspirations
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Benjamin wrote: -edit on steelforums, when i try and post it comes up saying General Error: table "w" is a problem or some shit...:P-
Occasional errors do occur, but mostly, it doesn't affect the actual messages posted. They still post regardless of the occasional error message.
Benjamin
STARTING OUT

Post by Benjamin »

Been like a month, only put on about 5 kg, i guess its kinda good. Anyway...I take cereal with milk in the morning now, glass of apple juice or water and 2 toasts and a banana at 6:20-6:40

Then the same for the rest, apart from in sandwhiches is now tuna and sweetcorn. and 2 days a week i have a big salad instead..

thats about all ive changed. Oh and i drink alot more water. Anything else...IN GENERAL i can do?
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

5kg in a month is great, not "kinda good", but make sure your not gaining fat too

if you haven't made all the changes suggested above than continue on until you have
Benjamin
STARTING OUT

Post by Benjamin »

ah right, what kind of improvements should i be ooking at per month then?
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

what improvements do you mean? (wt gain, food requirements etc)
Benjamin
STARTING OUT

Post by Benjamin »

Sorry i meant as in general body weight gain lol.
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

consistent muscle wt (not fat) gain, don;t put a number on it
Benjamin
STARTING OUT

Post by Benjamin »

yeh, noticed i've been gettingbigger and losing sixpack, but alot biger in chest and arm and back area, same weight, i should stop weighing self:P