circruit training

Teenagers and kids discuss your fitness concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

silent1029
SOCIAL CLIMBER

circruit training

Post by silent1029 »

i was wondering how effective is circuit training. Could/should i do it, i'm 16 dunno if that matters or not. i kinda wanted to try it out but don't know what exactly to do, how long to do the exercises. i have full access to a gym everyday too.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

If you're talking Cardio curcuits, yes I hikn you could do one say once a week, as part of a 2-3 sessions a week Cardio structure.

This is something I copied and saved, that I posted some months back for someone else, which I think would work for you. It may be a bit modified to the original.

bossman wrote:Marching On The Spot to warm up 1.5 Minutes. You could alternate between a wide and a narrow stance, to keep this bit more varied.

Jogging On The Spot 45 seconds

Squat Thrusts 45 seconds

Jacks 45 seconds

Spotty Dogs 45 seconds

Pendulum Swings 45 seconds

Step-ups on the bottom step of your stairs 45 seconds

You then take a 1.5 minute break, and repeat the circuit with 1 Minute per station.

Then take another 1.5 minute break, and up the duration to 1 Minute 15 seconds per station.

Take another 1.5 minute break, and then go back to doing the circuit in 1 Minute per station.

Take another 1.5 minute break, and go back to 45 second stations.

Then finish off with 1.5 minute of Marching again to cool down.

So this is how it pans out.

1.5 Minute to warm up

Circuit 1. 4.5 Minutes

1.5 Minute break

Circuit 2. 6 Minutes

1.5 Minute break

Circuit 3. 7.5 Minutes

1.5 Minute break

Circuit 4. 6 Minutes

1.5 Minute break

Circuit 5. 4.5 Minutes

1.5 Minute Marching.

Total time 37.5 Minutes, allowing for your Circuit breaks, slightly going over 1.5 minutes, you could round that up to 38 minutes.

The intensity of the workout would then be up to you. You could set targets like 1 rep per second, or 1 rep every 2 seconds, (whatever is most comfortble for you), on each station, to match your levels of ability.

The other thing about this is, you could switch the exercises around, so maybe start with Step-ups for example, and Squat Thrusts second, or change some exercises for new ones.

So you could alter this a bit when you wanted, just keeping to the workout structure.

If you don't understand what some of the listed exercises are, please do ask, and I'll try to describe what they are like.