obtaining a 6-pack

Teenagers and kids discuss your fitness concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

paintball26
STARTING OUT

obtaining a 6-pack

Post by paintball26 »

Need help and guidance in reaching goals:

I'm 17 and I am 5'11". I weigh 184 pounds (was 235 on October 29th 2006.) I have hit a Plateau in weight loss, but seeing as I've been lifting for the last 4 months, I'm hoping the fat loss is being evened out with muscle mass. Doing an online body fat test, I'm at 17%.
I attend school from 7-2. I have Lacrosse practice from 2-4:30.

Everyday at Practice we run 1.5 miles, do 25 push ups, 50 crunches, and do flutter-kicks. Then we do drills and scrimmage for the remainder of the time. (Mon-Fri)

I typically do curls, bench and overhead triceps lifts 3 days a week.

I usually go to the gym on Saturday for 2 hours. (1.25 hour full body workout and 30 min cardio, and 15 min abs)

typical Diet is:

Breakfast(6 a.m.) - 8oz. of lowfat strawberry yogurt,+1 cup of cheerios/bran flakes+ multivitamin (140+160calories)

lunch(11 a.m.) - soft pretzel (390 calories)

Afternoon snack(2:00 p.m.) - special K bar (90 calories)

Dinner (6:30 p.m.) - depends a lot. I usually portion it depending whats being served (usually 600-800 calories)

Snack before bed (11 p.m.) - Protein shake (2 scoops)+ glutamine
(220 calories)

Main goal is a 6-pack. lowering body fat and gaining muscle mass are also small goals i wish to gain as I accomplish this. short-term goal is by spring break(april 6th)

Please help me revise this so I can continue to become more fit.
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

- your lacrosse training sucks complete ...jogging, push ups, crunches??? good in the 80's....
- your coach should scrimmage the team for 60 - 90mins and give you 1hr or so in the wt room
- curls, bench, tri's...no good either...with the little you have you should be doing deadlifts, squats and rows, nothing else...you shouldn't be in the gym for more than hr, saturday included...15min abs??? waste of time
- you need fruit and high fibre cerial for breakfast
- have multi vitamin with your 2nd meal
- you need a fruit and solid protein mid morning snack
- pretzel?? eat up champ...fruit, solid protein, veg and salad
- snack needs to be a light protein and veg meal, no bars allowed
- your goal should be to get better at lacrosse, not how you look...that won't change the way you play