creatine and whey protein?

Teenagers and kids discuss your fitness concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

silent1029
SOCIAL CLIMBER

creatine and whey protein?

Post by silent1029 »

is taking creatine pills and whey protein mix safe? i'm not talking about at the same time. i'd take the pills in the morning and before i lift and drink the protein shake at night
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

it's safe

also have your protein shake straight after you train not before bed
silent1029
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by silent1029 »

oh ok thanks. also i forgot to ask would it be safe to do all that except a vitamin in the morning as well
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

yeah no worries
silent1029
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by silent1029 »

thanks a lot
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Pills are crap. I have heard Kre-alkalyn isn't too great taste wise powdered, but Pills aren't often the answer.

Pills don't go in the tub as easily as Freeform, and you get less powder and some pointless Gelatine.

To knowledge the Gelatine doesn't do much, and if your Coeliacs, the Proteins in it are not recommended, as they could cause a gastro-intestinal problem.
silent1029
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by silent1029 »

lol dumb friend just told me he did a report on creatine and he said that it makes your penis smaller lol. is this true?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Have you been reading one of old comments on here, about kids who sya that, or is that a genuine query?

If it's the latter than no your friend is a fool. It sounds like he's read something possibly about reduced libido, ( drive). I've heard once or twice people complaining, they couldn't get it up on Creatine, and alledgedly did when off it again, but that's not small Penis, that's some sort of Erectile Dysfunction, which I don't think has ever been seriously linked to Creatine, in much the same way as Cancer, and all the other B.S. negativity hasn't either.
silent1029
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by silent1029 »

so you're saying thats just b.s lol. and that cancer and all the other terribly negative things aren't really true?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Yes.

Creatine does not do the following, I'm 99.99% sure of it.

1. Cause Cancer.

2. Cause Erectyle Dysfunction, or Penile anomlies / irregularities.

3. Act as a Steroid.

4. Cause Connective Muscle Tissue damage.

5. Cause you to get Stool problems, Black Urine, or Cause Blood clots.

6. Get you banned from the Olympics.

This is what Creatine can do, but ONLY if you drink inedequate Water or overdose it.

1. Possible Headaches and Dizziness.

2. Sore Kidneys

3. Kidney Disease.

Creatine can be also affected by Alcohol. Alcohol dehydrates you, Creatine requires internal water supplies to some degree, to help it function safely.

In certain cases where someone has an undiagnosed Kidney disease, disorder or infection, safe doses may create side effects, but that's down to have an undetected problem, not the safe dosing. The dosing then becomes a trigger, not a cause, a bit like putting bullets in a Gun, then the Gun is able to be fired.