Protein Powder

Teenagers and kids discuss your fitness concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

ctorok
STARTING OUT

Post by ctorok »

protein powder will not do any harm to you. there is roughly 25g of protein in a 4oz. piece of chicken. just dont go to excess with it. you should probably not go over your bodyweight in a day.

raw eggs are bad for you no matter who you hear it from.
NeckFace
STARTING OUT

Post by NeckFace »

no Protein has no affect on ant person. Taking a powder could make you a bit gassy but thats about it. Its fairly similar to the protein in chicken or meat but just in a powdered form.

I have tried only a few powders and I can say Look into buying Syntrax Nectar Isolate. It is the best tasting protein on the market. No chemical taste, Not bitter, Mixes well in water, 23g protein per scoop.

Awesome stuff.

If you want a whey blend (i suggest this type of protein to anyone who isnt used to the powders, ISO can make you feel sick as it is the purest protein avaliable) look into Cytosport Complete Whey, The banana one is awesome.
NeckFace
STARTING OUT

Post by NeckFace »

ctorok wrote:protein powder will not do any harm to you. there is roughly 25g of protein in a 4oz. piece of chicken. just dont go to excess with it. you should probably not go over your bodyweight in a day.

raw eggs are bad for you no matter who you hear it from.
If they are fresh and you dont eat the yolks your pretty safe.

But still unless you are 100% sure that they are fresh DO NOT EAT RAW EGGS.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Protein can do harm to you bud.

Too much protein per day, can cause Kidney Stones. This possibility can be heightened by over consumption of Red Meat Proteins.

Protein contains Nitrogen. Nitrogen can convert to Uric Acid, which barring bodily water, is difficult to remove from the system, as there is no U C enzyme ot break it down.

If a lot of UC collects round the joints you can get Gout.
RK19
REGULAR

Post by RK19 »

it never ceases to amaze me how much you know about nutrition bossman.

are you an nutritionist or something along those lines?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

No, I just do some research on stuff when I can be arsed :wink:

Incidentally you can get Gout from the Nitrogen in Saturates, and things like Caffeine and Theobromine in Methylxanthine sources, like Coffee, Tea, Gotu Kola, Yerba Mate, Chocolate etc etc, as they convert to Uric Acid too.

I reckon that's why many old people today have it, because of their old style diets. Lots of Red Meat, especially in Pies, food cooked in Lard and Dripping and drinking Tea and Coffee.

Can't prove that though.

I've been told before, you used to be able to get either a Pork Chop, or a Lamb Chop, with a Kidney in it from Butchers, but for some reason the EU stopped that, I think it was something to do with contammination.

I believe but I'm not sure, the Butcher would cut out the Bone in the middle of the chop, and put the Kidney in the gap.
HardBodyDriver
STARTING OUT

Post by HardBodyDriver »

hgh and muscle milk
Malau1995
STARTING OUT

Re: Protein Powder

Post by Malau1995 »

Never try soy isolate protein, even though it has lots of protein in it it tastes like crap and instead of enjoying it you will not want to drink it.