Help

Teenagers and kids discuss your fitness concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

AznBoii16
STARTING OUT

Help

Post by AznBoii16 »

Hi guys name is Jose. So i am trying to get rid of 30 lbs. I am 5'1 and 160 according to doctor i should lose 30 lbs. So i used to weight 167 and ive been working out for the past month and lost 7 lbs. I workout 4 days a week for an hour and 30 mins. I have a jump rope, bowflex, perfect pushup, those workout bicycles and im planning to get dumbbells soon. so usual workout is 15 min on the bicycle then bowflex which i do abs traps biceps. then i either jog for 10 minutes or do the bike again for 15 minutes and then do bowflex again for back biceps and triceps. i jump rope between repetitions. then after i finish with all of that i do the perfect pushup with some dips. nutrition - i dont know how to eat ~_~. i usually wake up and eat either a ham/cheese sandwich of milk with Kellogg cereal. for lunch i have a granola bar and for dinner i make own salad with a piece of grilled chicken. i really need a better workout routine please create one for me and help me lose weight :/ thanks :D
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Help

Post by Boss Man »

AznBoii16 wrote: ham/cheese sandwich

(Fine)

(You should add something else in here. You can achieve this with things like Nuts, Peanuts, Fruit, Low Fat Cheese, small Sandwiches, Powdered Flax etc etc. Get some Protein and Carbs, and make sure you're aiming for at least 300 calories if possible.)

for lunch i have a granola bar
(Change that. Protein and Carbs is better, as those are okay, but not enough calories.)

(Add something else in here like earlier. Don't need Fruit here except maybe Tomato, Cucumber and Pepper. Same advice as earlier.)

and for dinner i make own salad with a piece of grilled chicken.
(Fine).

(Same advice here as snack 2.

Forget Dumbbells, go for free weight.

Choose this setup.

1 x large Bar, 10kg, (22lbs approx).

2 small Bars, 2kg, (4.4lbs approx).

2 x 10 kg discs, (22lbs approx).

4 x 5 kg discs, (11lbs approx).

4 x 2 or 2.5kg, depends on the maker, (4.4-5.5lbs approx).

4 x 1 or 1.25kg, depends on the maker, (2.2 - 2.5lbs approx).

You could get a Mat and / or maybe a Medicine Ball as well, but not strictly necessary. Also if possible some kind of inclined Bench and maybe a Squat Rack. If not, forget the rack and / or bench)
AznBoii16
STARTING OUT

Post by AznBoii16 »

wel what would u recommend for lunch? id prefeer something thats comes in package and its easy to carry around
nemo1991
STARTING OUT

Post by nemo1991 »

Chicken sandwich.