Ugh.

Teenagers and kids discuss your fitness concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Coltskid993
STARTING OUT

Ugh.

Post by Coltskid993 »

I'm a football player, wrestler and thrower for track and field. I'm 16, 5'8 and 174 pounds, with a significant amount of muscle mass. Before the wrestling season I weighed about 195, there was a noticeable change in me physically, but I know some of it was muscle. I was pleased, and look a lot thinner, but I still jiggle. I follow a very healthy diet combined with lifting and cardio 5 days a week, and a light activity on sundays. Yet I still jiggle at times, and lack the definition in stomach area, and back. I know a lot of it has to do with genetics and body type, I am built like a square, but what can I do to get some toning, without supplements and stuff like that?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Ugh.

Post by Boss Man »

Change diet. that's the key.

What do you eat and what times do you eat?
Coltskid993
STARTING OUT

Post by Coltskid993 »

Boss Man wrote:Change diet. that's the key.

What do you eat and what times do you eat?

Its hard for me to follow a strict diet because of highschool food, and between households, with one healthy and one not healthy parent. I eat a lot of chicken, salad, sandwhiches, whole wheat bagels, but having a meal plan that works for me is hard with the food made around me, like macaroni, ham, enchiladas, and steak. But I also sometimes go off course and have some ice cream or cookies, something I try hard not to do. What do you reccomend eating? I eat 3 times a day, when I wake up, lunch period at school is still in the morning though, and then various times for dinner, all depending. Sometimes I skip lunch but I try to not do that as I know that is bad. If you have any diet tips please let me know. Because there is nothing more aggravating than working hard, harder than those born blessed, and seeing results, but then hitting a wall and not seeing what you work so hard for.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Ham and Steak are fine as are things like Chicken, Salads, Sandwhiches. Whole Wheat Bagels are not that bad, but you really need to set out some specific times to try and eat.

You could include things like Eggs in there, Low Fat cheese, Turkey, Nuts, Peanuts, Powdered Flax, Whole-grain Cereal, which at least will give you more options if you have any issues with obtaining or consuming Fruit and Vegetables.

You need to incorporate more meals in there. 3 is not enough. you'd be wise at least to have a couple of solid snacks, (calorie wise), not pissy low cal bars or something like that and they woud be between Breakfast and Lunch and Lunch and Dinner, then one again about 2-3 hours after Dinner, so you're at least getting around 2,200-2,500 calories a day.

You are a little hogtied though, because of the food your educational establishment chooses to serve and one of the households you go to sometimes.

Hopefully you've got a few more options now though :).