6 Pack Abs

Discuss how to get ripped abs here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

tejaskhetani
STARTING OUT

6 Pack Abs

Post by tejaskhetani »

Hello Guys :

I have a quick question about 6 pack abs. I have been doing Crunches for long time. The initial Upper and Middle abs` line started to show up long ago. But they are just line No Improvements. And There is like good amount of Layer of Fat around Lower abs Part. Do I need to reduce this first?

Can you suggest some excercise or Diets.?

diet is.
Morning: Oat Milk, a Cup of Tea and 2 breads.
Nights: Regular Indian meal
Rest of the day I take lot of Fruits and Juices.
chunkfit
STARTING OUT

Re: 6 Pack Abs

Post by chunkfit »

For me, running is the best thing I can do to reduce fat anywhere on body. Spot reduction is a myth so performing an exercise like leg raises won't reduce any fat in the trouble area (although it will build muscle). Your diet has a large number of carbohydrates in the form of breads and sugar (fruit). Try to get more vegetables in there as they are low in sugar. A plan with a carbohydrate reduction, coupled with running for caloric burn, tied together with some solid abdominal exercises (don't forget the obliques, they need attention too to really bring out the abdominals) should start to get you the results you're looking for.

----------------------------------
People often neglect the obliques when training to get great looking abs. Performing a variety of oblique exercises will complement the abdominal muscles quite nicely.
Rashide
STARTING OUT

Re: 6 Pack Abs

Post by Rashide »

There are three things you can do. First, get rid of the crunches. There are plenty of exercises that are much more effective at getting you a six pack. Try leg raises, sit ups, L-Sits, etc. You may also want to include full body work outs, or at least work out more than your abs. Second, you need to do cardio to get rid of body fat. For a six pack, you need an ideal range of about 6%-8%. Easy cardiovascular exercises include running, swimming, and practicing any sport. Third, you have to eat right. Stay away from white carbs-- stick to whole grains and whole wheat. Limit junk food to once a week (better known as a "cheat day") and eat clean the rest of the week (there are exceptions). Good luck on achieving your six pack abs! :P