Will this diet help me getting ripped?

Discuss how to get ripped abs here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

jimroot47
STARTING OUT

Will this diet help me getting ripped?

Post by jimroot47 »

Hello, I am currently 18 years old and started working out a 1 or 2 months ago, i wanna know if with current diet + 30 mins Hiit daily and some weightlifting would help me getting ripped, i´m attaching a current picture of myself at the end of the post, the diet consist in:

6:00am- 1banana+ green tea
8:00am- 80-100g peanuts (dry roasted)
10:10 am- 1 apple
1:30pm- about 2-3 cups of vegetables (usually brocoli, coliflower, carrots, or just potatoes)
5:00:pm- 1-2 cups of red beans (boiled) with their soup
7:00 pm- 1 1/2 cup of oatmeal
9:00pm(if im feeling hungry)- 1 banana

this is a current picture
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Will this diet help me getting ripped?

Post by Boss Man »

I'd add more protein to meals 1,3,4 and 6, like Chicken, Turkey or lean Beef as examples, as you may not be getting enough.
jimroot47
STARTING OUT

Post by jimroot47 »

i was thinking on changing meal at 7:00pm for two egg whites to consume more protein and meal at 9:00pm for the oatmeal, i cant consume more meat throughout the day because the meat they sell at college is really high in fats also, i wanted to know how efficient is Tabata hiit program for fat burning and if this program has any odds for i am doing 4-6 sets of tabata in spinning daily
jimroot47
STARTING OUT

Post by jimroot47 »

**New diet
6:00am- 1banana+ green tea
8:00am- 80-100g peanuts (dry roasted)
10:10 am- 1 apple
1:00pm- 1 apple
1:30pm- about 2-3 cups of vegetables (usually brocoli, coliflower, carrots, or just potatoes) + about 5-6 ounces of red meat / chicken / fish
5:00:pm- 1-2 cups of red beans (boiled) with their soup
7:00 pm- 2 egg whites
9:00pm - 1 cup of oatmeal

Exercise:
20-30 mins spinning tabata + weight lifting
Athene
REGULAR

Post by Athene »

Tabata is awesome and will make you ripped! It's all about intensity when you want to see exceptional physical results.

Additionally - you can eat slightly fatty meat, it's not that big of a deal. You're starting with a really good base (I can see your abs poking out there!), and if you're working out a lot and eating low calorie, fruit and vegetable based meals, you're going to need fat and protein to build muscle mass because you need the protein and the calories to do that. If you're worried about fat you should cut the peanuts - that's a really low quality fat.You will not get ripped eating only 20-40 grams of protein a day - I would add those egg whites to every meal if you can, man. 160 grams of protein a day is probably closer to what you want. You can throw egg whites in smoothies as well, they're pasteurized so they don't need to be cooked.
jimroot47
STARTING OUT

Post by jimroot47 »

wooow thank you really much! i have another question, is exercise necessary every day?? Im an engineering college student and lately ive been through a lot of work, and somedays i dont have time to work out (even like that, i sacrifice some hours of sleep to work out) but i mean, is working out 5/7 days a week enough? Only in emergency cases in which i really need to finish some school work
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Exercise every day may be okay if you were doing Iron Man stuff, but frankly, I'd limit to 5 days a week, keeping the off days split so you don't do 5 days straight.

So you might do something like this.

3 days training, 1 off, 2 days training, 1 off.
Athene
REGULAR

Post by Athene »

Boss Man wrote:Exercise every day may be okay if you were doing Iron Man stuff, but frankly, I'd limit to 5 days a week, keeping the off days split so you don't do 5 days straight.

So you might do something like this.

3 days training, 1 off, 2 days training, 1 off.
You should not work out every day - the schedule Boss posted would probably be the best thing for you. You need to let your body heal and recover from the workouts to get the results that you want. 3 days on, 1 off, 2 on, 1 off is a fantastic way to keep training regularly while taking adequate rest. On sleep: try to get as much quality sleep in a row as you can while training for this goal: human growth hormone is released while you are in deep stages of quality sleep, which will help you get ripped :) I'm a full-time grad student too, so I know what it's like to try to balance training, nutrition, work, school,and everything... it can be crazy, but just do your best with the time that you have, when you have it. Good luck!
jimroot47
STARTING OUT

Post by jimroot47 »

Thank you both for your replies, you have helped me a whole bunch!
InchByInch
STARTING OUT

Post by InchByInch »

It looks like its been a year from now, what are the results?
Zhaga
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by Zhaga »

yes what are the results it looks very nice .... I really like that diet so what is the result .... :D :D :D