how to tighten skin around waist?

Discuss how to get ripped abs here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Fire171
STARTING OUT

how to tighten skin around waist?

Post by Fire171 »

I've made some progress the last few months but skin just wont tighten up like I want it to. I'm at 10.5% body fat 22 yrs old.. maybe its too high? oh and and I weight 172, ~50.8% muscle
heres what im eating.

meal 1 wake up protien shake/oatmeal) 340 cal
meal 2 after workout 2 eggs/egg white protien shake 317 cal
meal 3 (1 slices of bread w/penut butter (natural). 8 strawberries) 190 calories
snack- (1 slice of bread w/olive oil 109 cal
meal 4 (chicken/broccoli) 270 cal
meal 5 chicken/brown rice/spinach) 473 cal
snack-almonds 8:00
meal 6 10:45 (Tilapia/brown rice/mixed veggies) 351 cal
probably snack on ~200 cal of almonds a day.

exercise goes
Monday-arms/chest/abs +20 min cardio
Tuesday - 30-40 min cardio
wed-rest
thursday-legs +20 min cardio
friday-30-40 min cardio
saturday-rest
sunday-back +20 mins cardio

sooo whats the problem? lol
JamesVillepigue
STARTING OUT

Re: how to tighten skin around waist?

Post by JamesVillepigue »

I would like to throw in two cents. I'll stay away from your caloric intake, and stick with your choice of an exercise regimen. I think you should substitute some of your cardio with dynamic full body workout circuits. It could be you've simply hit a plateau, and your exercise regimen to be honest looks a bit flat, or boring, from your body's perspective.

When you work out, I want you to think of how many exercises you can fit into one. For example, I'm sure you know what a burpee is. Try 30 of these...

Use some dumbbells with the burpees. For you, I would say 30lb ones are fine. Put them down in front of you, and when you go down into the plank stance of the burpee, have your hands on the dumbbells. Do a pushup, then do a dumbbell row with each arm, then do another pushup, then tuck your legs back in and come up with the weight still in your hands. Keep your back straight as you come up. It should feel almost like a half squat. Once you're standing, do some bicep curls and shoulder presses with each arm. That's one burpee. Do 30 of those. That's a full body workout, but it's going to drastically raise your metabolism. Also, I would suggest you start incorporating sprints into your weekly regimen.

Start researching into ways to incorporate strength endurance training into cardio. It's time to take the exercise part of your equation to a new level.

Good luck,

James Villepigue
ultimatehlth
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Re: how to tighten skin around waist?

Post by ultimatehlth »

When you say your skin won't tighten up are you talking about still having fat in the abdomen or the skin itself? Once you have gotten your overall body fat down if the skin hasn't retracted then the elastins have been stretched and there is no exercise or diet that will tighten it up. This is usually a genetic thing some people lose a great deal of weight and never have the problem while others lose 20-30 lbs. and have loose skin. Losing a great deal of weight, holding excess weight for a prolonged period of time and age are all contributing factors. Lotions, potions and pills won't do it this is why plastic surgeons perform thousands of tummy tucks every year.

Best,